Chapter Six

Present Day

Now on their wedding day, Ariella could have never imagined that the man who had promised her the world and professed his undying love for her had left her at the very last moment.

Ariella opened her eyes and looked at the ceiling of their room, the reality of what had just happened weighing heavily on her. She gasped and shot up in the bed.

"Ari!" Elaine rushed towards her.

"Mom..."

"Oh sweety I am so sorry" Elaine leaned forward to hug her.

"No...please tell me he didn't just leave" Ariella found it difficult to breathe. She caught her image in the mirror and suddenly the white dress felt like deadweight on her. She couldn't get out of it fast enough.

"Please mom...get me out!" Ariella screamed as she tried to rip apart the dress.

Elaine hurriedly unzipped her dress and helped her out of it. Ariella collapsed on the floor on top of the dress.

"Honey, please take deep breaths"

"Elaine, Ariella" Aaron strode into the room and immediately rushed to his wife and daughter's side as he saw them both on the floor.

"I promise I will find that bastard and he will pay for this" Aaron said as he wiped the tears from his daughter's eyes.

"Dad...I don't know...how could he?"

"You should read this" Elaine held out the letter Kaden had left with Dalton.

Ariella held the letter with shaking hands.

"We will be outside alright" Elaine said as she kissed her forehead and walked out with Aaron.

Ariella opened the letter and her heart completely crumpled when she saw mere two lines scribbled. How could he sum up their eight year long relation in two lines?

Ari,

I am sorry. We couldn't have possibly worked out with the mistakes I made in the past year.

Kaden

Ariella looked at the note one last time and then ripped it to shreds. She had to get out this place. She couldn't stand in this house for another minute. The house which was supposed to be their home and a place where they were going to build a future together turned into a nightmare.

Ariella walked to the closet and grabbed a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt, refusing to look at his side of the closet. She felt this weird calm settle over her mind and body, putting her in a daze.

She strode out of the room.

"Ariella!" Elaine called out to her but Ariella ignored her, fastening her steps. It felt as if the walls were closing in on her.

"Ari, please stop!" Rose also ran after her.

Ariella suddenly stopped and turned around to face her parents and Kaden's.

"Please Mo--...Aunt Rose...I need to be alone..."

"Ariella, please I am still mom to you" Rose said as tears poured down her eyes. The pain Rose felt was unbearable. Her son was missing on his wedding day and her daughter in law to be who is more of a daughter to her was shattered. Dante was restraining his anger. How could Kaden be this irresponsible? How could he not confide in him? Running away is not an option.

"I thought I raised him better than this" Dante muttered and stormed out of the foyer.

"Ariella come home" Aaron said.