Chapter Four

A Week Later

Ariella twirled in front of her full length mirror and frowned.

"What is wrong with this one now?" Azalea said as she flipped through a magazine, sitting crossed leg on Ariella's bed.

"I don't know...the color is off?" Ariella unzipped the teal green dress and stepped out of it.

"Mhmm" Azalea nodded as she concentrated on an article.

"Azalea!" Ariella snatched the magazine away.

"What!?"

"You are still not okay with me dating your brother---"However Azalea cut her off

"I am---"

"Despite you repeatedly saying you are fine with it." Ariella finished her own sentence cutting of Azalea as she threw on a dressing robe and sat down next to Azalea.

Ariella remembered Azalea's reaction when she told her about her and Kaden the day after they were official.

"Hey" Ariella said as she slid into the coffee booth Azalea was already occupying.

"What's up? You seem all...I don't know...like happy and glowing but tense and jumpy..." Azalea frowned.

"I don't know how to say this to you..."

"I know you love me and all but sorry sweets I like male tushy" Azalea grinned as she mixed sugar in her coffee and took a sip.

"I am in love with your brother" Ariella blurted out.

Azalea choked on her sip of coffee and grabbed the tissue to wipe away the coffee she spit out.

"WHAT? COME AGAIN?!"

"I am in love with Kaden"

"Ummm...wow...I mean...Kaden..."

"Yes"

"Ari, how could you?"

"Huh? You are not happy with this...us?"

"It's not that. I just...my brother is an ass wipe but I always thought I would be the first one to know about a guy in your life...I always thought there were no secrets between us"

"Azalea..." Ariella leaned forward and took her hand in her own. "I myself wasn't sure where this was going...I realized I was in love with him but he was going away and I didn't know how to say this to him and then there were our families"

"A promise ring" Azalea said as she twirled the band on Ariella's finger.

"Yes" Azalea whispered and blushed.

"Look at you all red and sappy""

Ariella laughed and reached for her coffee which was now cold.

"So you are okay?" Ariella asked

"I don't have a problem with you two being together...I mean it's my best friend and my brother!" Azalea exclaimed mimicking Ross from Friends.

Ariella threw a napkin at her, relieved. She didn't want her relation with Kaden to hurt her friendship with Azalea.

"Just don't keep any secrets from me okay? Ever!"

"Alright" Ariella replied.

"Yes and also all the juicy juicy" Azalea winked and then grimaced. "Uhh...eww...forget I said that...it's my brother you are with"