Chapter 4

Chapter 4

*Scott's POV* (same night)

I could barely keep my eyes open as I texted Mitch. After he left, I texted him as soon as I got home. I lived right down the street so it didn't take long. I felt the need to talk to him, even though it was just texting. My fatigue was becoming too much though after a few minutes, so I decided to tell him goodnight.

Me: lol I'm going to sleep. Goodnight, Mitch Grassi. Don't let the bed bugs bite. ;)

I was so tired that I didn't even care if I flirted a bit. After I hit send, I fell asleep quickly.

I woke up to the sound of my parents yelling. Lately, my dad has been threatening divorce. I didn't know why though, I tried to stay out of their business, in fear of getting hurt. I sighed and grabbed my phone from off my bed stand. I had a message from Mitch that I never checked last night.

Him: night. And what if I want them to bite? ;)

I was sure I was hyperventilating. Was he flirting back? He's straight, right? This had to be a joke to him, I saw how he acted with girls, especially Kirstie. Oh well, should I text him back? Or just let it go? I'll text him so he knows I'm not ignoring him.

Me: oh? ;) lol have a good day. See you Monday.

He texted back immediately, I'm surprised he did, it's only 8 in the morning.

Him: unless you want to hang today. I could help with finding a prom date.

I rolled my eyes. He just wouldn't let it go.

Me: fine. Meet me outside in 10 minutes.

I threw my phone down onto my bed and went to my dresser to find something to wear. I settled for basketball shorts and a band tee. My phone vibrated.

Him: kk, Scotty.

I smiled. He was such a dork. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and spiked up my hair with my hand. I didn't look too bad, actually. I ran downstairs and walked out the front door, not bothering to tell my parents I was leaving. If they needed me bad enough, they'd call.

I saw Mitch walking up the sidewalk, we were walking right at each other. It didn't feel awkward at all, though. I let my eyes travel up and down his body, I had to admit he looked really nice today. We finally reached each other and we both kinda just stopped walking and stood there looking at each other. I was looking down at him, since I was a good foot taller, at least. My size didn't make me anymore confident though, he still had all the confidence in the world, in that little body of his. Again, with his body... Mitch broke the silence. "So, I have a full list of people, written down," I smirked at him. Of course he'd do something like that, he could be so nerdy at times. "I left it at my house though, so you wanna come over and look at it?" His question seemed harmless.

"Sure," I started walking in the direction that he came from. I've seen Mitch's house but have never been in it. It always looked beautiful from the outside.

We finally got to his house after about 2 minutes of walking. It was pretty nice that we lived so close to each other. He opened his front door and motioned for me to go in. The inside was just as beautiful as the outside. It was so spacious and welcoming. There were a pair of spiraling stairs to my left and Mitch started up them. I followed, we were most likely going to his room to get the list. His room...

We went into the first door on the right. His room was huge, he had a king sized bed and posters all over his walls. Mostly of bands that I was vaguely aware of. At the end of his room was a huge stereo system, I was tempted to try it out.

Mitch immediately went over to his bed and sat on the edge. He grabbed a notebook that had been laying on the pillow. He looked up at me, realizing I hadn't fully came into his room yet. "You can come sit, I don't bite," I immediately felt my face flush at his remark. I slowly came into the room and sat next to him on his bed. Not too close though. He flipped open the notebook, he wasn't lying when he said he had made a list. There were about 20 girls on there. I skimmed the names.

"Lacy Harp? Nicole Brill? Dude, all of these girls are the most popular Barbie dolls at our school. None of them would even look at me, let alone prom. Half of them are probably fake, anyway," I said almost frustrated, was he kidding?He looked at me intently, like he was searching for something in my eyes.

"I'm sorry, I tried," his face told me he meant it, I immediately felt bad.

"No, it's okay. Thank you for doing all this, just to get me to go to prom," a sad smile formed on his face. I just wanted to hug him so bad, for some reason I felt like there was more to this, than just prom. I placed my hand tentatively on his arm and looked into his eyes, telling him I appreciated it. He hopped up quickly from the bed, almost startling me.

"Do you want to go play basketball? I have a hoop in my backyard."

"Sure," although I really didn't. I just wanted to hug him and console him, I knew something wasn't right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: so that was a really long chapter. I enjoyed writing it though. Thank you guys so much for the votes, comments and reads!! It makes me so happy and it motivates me to write more. I love you ;****