Chapter 16

*Mitch's POV*

"I-I didn't know you guys were...gay..." Kirstie stuttered out. The three of us were sitting at one of the fancy tables, discussing what had just happened. "Or that you guys-you guys like each other?" Scott and I looked at each other in response. Yeah, I liked him and I'm pretty sure he liked me back.

"Hm, yeah. Kirst, I know this is a lot to take in...please don't tell anybody," I said, looking into her eyes. She stared at me intently before her face softened.

"I'm not telling anybody. And... I'm kinda happy for you two," she started, cracking a smile. "But now, I wanna know all the details," Scott giggled and I was relieved. Of course Kirstie would understand. I leaned over and hugged her, "Thank you."

**

"Having fun?!" I yelled over the loud music. Scott and Esther were dancing and really getting into it. Scott had some moves and I caught myself several times, watching his body. Oh how badly I wanted to dance with my body moving against his..

Luckily Kirstie was calm and satisfied. She was dancing with me like nothing ever happened. Scott and I told her everything that happened and she just fangirled.

I realized something though. Scott and I haven't actually came out and said that we like each other or that we should date. Yeah, we've been on a date but it didn't really clear anything up. I knew one thing for sure, we had an intense physical attraction between us.

"Are you okay?" Kirstie yelled over the music.

"Yeah, just thinking. Hey, I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick."

Kirstie gave me an intent look, "Okay."

I walked to the bathroom slowly gathering my thoughts. What was on my mind, was the fact that I actually didn't know if Scott liked me. I was suspicious that he did but I felt like I needed that confirmation. I suddenly felt a pair of hands pinch my waist. I turned and looked up to see that it was Scott with a goofy smile. It went away once he took in my appearance.

"What's up?" Scott raised a concerned eyebrow at me.

"Uh, it's just-nothin' I'm fine," I forced a smile.

"Are you sure? You seem a bit off."

"I'm sure," I said as I kept my head down.

"Okay, well I'm gonna go back before Esther gets worried," he said before turning around to go back. I should've told him what was on my mind. I exhaled audibly before entering the bathroom.

**

I was having the time of my life. After returning from the bathroom, the three of them: Scott, Kirstie and Esther surrounded me and told me I had to dance with them or else. Now the four of us were dancing crazily. Sometimes I'd be dancing with Kirstie or maybe Esther and then things got switched up and I ended up dancing with Scott. It wasn't provocative, but it didn't have to be. It was still fun.

Eventually a slow song came on. I wanted to dance with Scott and somehow Kirstie sensed that. So she grabbed Jeremy and started dancing with him. You're probably wondering how. Well, right before prom, Jeremy's date stood him up; he decided to come anyway even though he was alone. And as for Esther, well she started talking to this guy Kevin. Kirstie told her it was okay to dance with him because Scott wanted to dance with me. She didn't seem to mind and actually fangirled the same way Kirstie had. So far, those two were the only ones that knew about our "gayness", but then the whole school was going to have suspicions once we started dancing together, but who cares. It was senior year.

It took Scott a minute to realize that I was dancing with nobody and that Esther and Kirstin were taken. He walked up to me, "Uh do you wanna maybe, well since- you know-" his stuttering stopped once I wrapped my arms around his neck and came closer to him. He smiled down at me as he looped his arms around my waist. I felt a wave of warmth go through me as he did so. His touch still gave me butterflies. Suddenly he leaned in as if to tell me something.

He whispered against my ear, "I have something to tell you." Chills went through my body.

"What is it?" I almost mouthed, looking into his unreadable eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: I'm a day late ah I'm sorry. I just couldn't keep my eyes open last night. Well anyway, hope you enjoyed. I love y'all<33333