chapter six

It's a new day, and that means that it's a new set of adventures.

This band is going to be the death of me.

Leo seems a bit off today, or it seems like there's something he's not telling us. Either way it all narrows down to him.

As I walk over to the stage the sound of gutairs tuning and banging on drums fills my ears. I suppose I should've been on stage a few minutes earlier, but it's fine. All I have to do is join in on a few exercises for vocals and I'll be set.

About half way through our vocal exercising Leo walks onto stage. He looks at us confused as to why we weren't doing anything, but truth be told we were doing a breathing exercuse. Breath in for nine seconds, hold for nine seconds, then breath out for nine seconds. But of course we don't always use just nine seconds, we can use seven, nine, thirteen, seventeen, anything really.

"And breath out," I say and Leo nods his head.

Leo begins to talk as we finish the rest of our exercise. "I have been discussing important matter with each of your parents, and we have all concluded with the fact that starting next week Monday you all will once again be attending public high school."

Laurance dramatically falls to the floor, and I watch as the guitar pick he was holding in his hand fly across the stage. Vylad goes to go pick it up, and Alex just pokes at Laurance's side with her foot.

"Laurance, you had one job!" I exclaim at him. He couldn't just not talk for one second?!

"I didn't-"

I cut him off with a cold glare, "Shut up Laurance!"

Alex laughs at him while Vylad gives Laurance his pick back. "Suck it Laurance! How does it feel being told to shut up no-"

"Alexandra Rose Zvahl shut up and sit down!"

I watch as she sits down with a huff and Leo is most likely wondering why the hell he works for us. I mean, who wouldn't ask themselves that? I ask myself that everyday of my life. Leo motions for somebody to walk in through the curtains, and in walks a girl around our age with shoulder length brown hair complimented by blue eyes. She was wearing a light gray crop top sweatshirt, and a ripped pair of black skinny jeans. Somehow I admire how she can wear white tennis shoes and not get them dirty... Like damn... She kinda reminds me of a female version of Laurance. Well appearance wise.

A wolf whistle is heard from behind me, and I turn back to glare at Laurance's stupidness.

"She looks hot!" He says with a smile, and soon enough he's slapped by Vylad. By Vylad too! Damn... "Ow!"

"Of course leave it up to you to be a pervert," I roll my eyes at him.

The girl moves into center stage, my favorite place to be at, and waves shyly.

"This is Taryn Shelly Williams. She will help you choreograph dances for your final show."

Gasps are heard throughout the stage as we all question the same thing. Final show, as in... Last performance?

"Wait, wait, wait. Final show? You mean even with going back to school... we're going to end up taking a break from music? I'M GONNA DIE!"

Like a trust fall I fall backwards into Alex's arms as she fans my face. "Oh great," She exclaims. "You killed her!"

Leo sighs, "Yes, I know. I should've warned you in advance, but that doesn't matter. I will give you all a hand book to Phoenix Drop High later, just for you to skim read for rememberance. While you all are there, you are to behave properly. As well as act as a good influence, and that means no hair eye."

That's when I'm dropped on my ass.

"No hair dye?! You think of Alex, you get hair dye. Without hair dye... I'm just normal."

I groan out in pain at what I think is now a bruised tail bone, and then I'm pulled back up to my feet. So O'Khasis is our final.performance, and then we have to go back to hell? No! I was lying when I said we should go back to school before. I wasn't thinking straight! Don't make me go, I'm begging you!

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"Alright, now you both need to jump up and do the move together... But you need to get it down first."

You know those cool jump kicks in the air people do with their guitars? Well currently Alex and Laurance are learning how to do that, along with a few other things, as I sit with Vylad off to the side.

I still can't wrap my brain over the fact that we're going to be done performing after Friday... Maybe I can talk some sense into Leo or something. There could alwyad be the possibility of bargaining with him. We'll go to school and continue performing, but with said we'll just have less performing than usual. But then again Leo most likely won't go for that... Why do I still have the feeling that he's hiding something though?

I'm knocked out of my thoughts after hearing Alex scream that she can't dance, and now Laurance is being chases around by Alex and her bass.

Taryn sits next to Vylad and I, and she wipes the imaginary sweat from her forehead.

"Those two are something," She mumbles out.

"They are siblings after all," Vylad chimes in.

"LAURANCE GET BACK HERE SO I CAN KICK YOUR ASS!"

"FUCK OFF ALEX!"

I groan. "They also have swearing problems."

Taryn smiles at Vylad and I. "You two are extremely easy to work with. You know... Leo is giving me five days to get all the dancing down for your performance, as well as a little bit for the last of your music video. I can't help but feel overwhelmed. Eh, I'll find a way to work it out. I always do anyway," She claps her hands together. "ALRIGHT YOU TWO, TIME TO PUT IT ALL TOGETHER! THAT MEANS STOP PLAYING TAG AND GET OVER HERE NOW!"