chapter twenty five

"Tell me what?"

We slowly turn around to see her standing there. She looks innocent, somethig her mind isn't, and the confusion and curiosity radiates off of her for miles.

What do I say? Do I say anything at all? 'Your boyfriend's dying.' That's utterly terrible to say to somebody.

I give her a weak smile, "Your boyfriend's dying."

Damn it. That went a lot better in my head...

She just looks at me with a blank expression. "What?"

Laurance nudges my sides, "You should've let him tell her that."

I glare at him, "Well, I Didn't see you make any effort towards her!"

Alex mumbles a 'you guys are weird', and walks into the room. Only for a few minutes later, she comes back out crying.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

One week later, and we are finally out of the denial phase. Not Vylad's denial phase, that lasted two, three days tops. No, we're finally out of mom's denial phase. Mom's.

Mom and dad know about his estimated time for living, and so does Leo. Us, the children, don't. They think it's better than way. I'm kinda glad that I don't know. but it's nerve racking.

He could die in a year, or an hour. I doubt it'd be either though, no matter how bad it sounds. That sounds bad! Great, now I'm going to Hell for that.

We're writing a new song, everyone, it's the last one we'll be writing together. It's fun to do, but sad at the same time, because we know the meaning to it. We're not telling the fans, as of we know of right now, about Vylad dying. We don't need them to... well, yeah...

A banging on the drums is heard, and we all look over to see Vylad bekng sassy. He points one of his drumsticks towards Laurance.

"Laurance Garfield Zvahl!" He calls out, and I begin to laugh. So does Taryn and Alex, and the two girls end up falling onto each other on the floor. They're being overdramatic, but we always do this to Laurance.

He never really had shared with me what his middle name is, but I know it's none of the names we've called him. Laurance Buttface Zvahl. Laurance Lucifer Zvahl. He really pissed me off that day for me to call him that. And now, Laurance Garfield Zvahl goes at the top of the list.

Laurance walks over to Vylad after he shows his clear disgust to the world.

"When are you going to let Cadenza pierce your other eyebrow?" Vylad asks, and my eyes widen. He has an eyebrow piercing? He seriously didnt tell me this. Wow, I'm his girlfriend.

"I have an earring you can barrow," Taryn chuckles reaching for the earring in her ear.

"Yeah," I laugh. "I'll even buy you some orange hair dye if you want."

Laurance glares at all of us, "I hate you all."

Vylad places his hand on his forehead and stumbles backwards, "I'm dying!"

Laurance curls his hands into fists. "You're going to be dying once I'm finished with you. That was supposed to be a secret!" He realizes his mistake as silence fis the room. "Oh, right..."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Vylad's POV

"His name was Vincent Murphy?"

Today was a big step for me for many times. I was finally told who my original father is, and I was told 'I love you' by a certain someone today.

"Stop treating me like I'm a ten, and you're a six! We all know it's the other way around."

I sigh, "Then why do guys get asking you out?"

"You're a stubborn little fuck," Alex says walking about from me.

"But you love me anyway."

She stops and turns around, "I do. I love you Vylad Ro'meave."

"I love you too, Alexandra Zvahl."

She rolls her eyes playing before running towards me. "Stay it again."

I repeat it, and she makes me do it again until she pulls me into a kiss. I guess today's a good day after all.

"Yes Little Pea. And now that you know the whole story, I don't feel like a terrible mother anymore."

I laugh a little bit, and she smiles. "How about I make you some chocolate cake?"

I don't understand it, and this has been pointed out to me, but whenever I have chocolate cake, I make a mess. It's only chocolate cake, and it has to have chocolate frosting on it as well for me to make a mess.

Sure, the others have their little thing they do with food to be immature. For example, covering their lips with chocolate pudding saying it's tasty chocolate lipstick. Or flinging cooked peas and carrot coins across the table with a spoon. Or even making shapes and other things with the mashed potatoes and gravy, and make backstories for each creation. We're a weird band.

Zane's being nicer to me, and Garroth finally learned how to knock on my door, so I guess it's an upside to... something.

If only I didn't know how long I have left to live. Let's just say, my last concert is my last concert.