chapter twenty two

Laurance's POV

"Hello?" My voice is husky, and deeper than it normally is. Thatcs something that drives girls insane.

"Vylad's in the hospital."

I almost drop my phone, "Oh shit... We're on our way."

Beeping goes through out the phone's speaker, and she didn't even tell me why he's know the hospital. I knew he was pale today, but otherwise, he seemed alright.

Sneaking out is going to be hell. I can't wake up dad, nor can I wake up Cadenza. Cadenza can be scary when you wake her up too early. She once threatened to choke me with her hair, because I woke her open five minutes before her alarm.

I slip on a random shirt of off my floor, and I turn my alarm clock off. I stuff my phone in my backpack stumbling down the hallway towards Alex's room.

"Alex, wake up. Vylad's in the hospital."

"Vylad's not in the hospital," She pulls the blankets over her head. "Vylad doesn't get sick. Remember? He doesn't even get colds that much...

"The call from Y/N on my phone says otherwise."

I grab a sweatshirt that's hanging against her bedframe. Then I pull off the blankets, and pick her up. She mumbles out a 'he really is sick... isn't he...?', and I roll my eyes. She's back alseep, and I can't fall asleep in the car unless I want us to both die. I'll sleep in the hospital.

I can be a good brother when I want to be. Truth be told, I hate seeing either of my sisters in pain. Sure, Cadenza's eighteen, and she'll be leave soon, but that doesn't matter. I'm only seventeen. I do whatever I can for them, they just don't know it some times. I care, and I love them. I'd do anything for them. Even if it mean waking up at 2:00 A.M. and carrying one all the way down the stairs so we can go to the hospital.

Somehow, and I don't know how, but I managed to get us both in the car without waking anybody up. I want coffee, in fact, I need coffee. But guess what? I get no coffee, because nobody is ever open at 2:00 A.M.

I love your curves and all your edges.
All your perfect imperfections.

I smile and turn the music up just a tad bit louder. Y/N loves this song. I'll sometimes sing it to her, but she punches me and tells me to shut up. Except, once I do, she punches me again and tells me to continue. Sometimes I just don't understand her.

Vylad's POV

There's school tomorrow, and mom is telling me to go to bed, but it's hard to do that when there's soemthing attached to my arm pumping cold liquid into me. Y/N is sleeping. Garroth is sleeping. Zane is sleeping. But I can't. I'm too afriad that I'm going to hurt myself because of this stupid IV in my arms, but whatever. It's not like I need or anything.

"You need to sleep yo," Mom says once more. She's been drinking coffee out of the same huge cup since we got here, and each time I ask if I can have a sip, she tells me no and hugs it to her chest. She says it's only the best for me, but I think she just wants it all for herself. Dang, I'm a jerk when I'm becoming sleep deprived.

Knocking on the door mixes with the little noise coming out of the TV next to me. I turn my eyes to see Laurance walk in with a stumbling Alex behind him.

"Laurance? What are you two doin' here?"

"Hey Zianna, Y/N called me..." Laurance looks over at a sleeping Y/N. "Well, before she fell asleep. I had to make sure Vylad was okay."

Mom smiles, "Of course you! That's totes adorbs!"

I motion for Laurance to come towards me. He sighs and walks forwarded crouching down, which is totally unnecessary to do. I'm lying down, not three feet tall.

"Have you told her yet?" I weakly point to Y/N with my forefinger.

He shakes his head, a blush lusters his cheeks. "N-No," He plays his little stutter off with a cough. "Besides... It's complicated rght now. Everything just hit us, a little more time."

I sigh, "A little more time... How many more times arw you going to say that?"

"Until it's time."

He walks off and begins to talk to mom. She starts explaining what the doctors have done for texts on me, which isn't much, and he nods each time she says something. He walks off out of the room, and Alex walks in front of me wearing my sweatshirt.

"Scoot," She mumbles, and scoot over a little bit. I'm cautious of the IV, and she crawls into the little bed snuggling into my chest.

Laurance walks into the room holding a soda, and he sits next to Y/N running his hands through her hair. She walks over and he chuckles at the confused expression on her face.

"Did I die and go to hell or something? You're here," Y/N yawns and begins to drift back off the sleep. He chuckles, her head slowly lowers down onto his shoulder. He starts running his fingers through her loose long hair and hums All Of Me. She begins to stir a bit, but she doesn't lift her head from his shoulder. "If I wasn't half alsepe right now... I'd kil..." Soft snores take over the middle of her word. Laurance grabs her hand in his, kisses it, mubbles 'I know', and rubs circles into the back of her knuckles.

Another knock fills the room, ans the doctor walks in with a clipboard and papers.

"So, Vylad is fine. We had gotten his temperature of 103.4 down to 101.6. Once the IV finishes out, he should be able to go home. If his fever refuses to break, then take him back in. Otherwise he should be fine. He isn't coughing, and he seems to be breathing well, so he seems fine other from the fever and dehydration."

Mom smiles, "Thank you so much! I was totes worried for a sec."

The doctors hand over the papers, she signs them, and then he walks out of the room.

I look over to see Laurance has now fallen asleep, and I kiss Alex's forehead. Oh great, there's school tomorrow. I just want to go to bed...