epilogue

Third Person's POV

Two days passed since Vylad's funeral, and everything for both the Zvahls and Ro'meaves has changed.

Garte has stayed home and taken off work since the death of his son. And he not only takes care of his children, but his wife.

Zianna feels as though the death of her child was her fault, and she feels as though there was something she could've done to prevent it. She blames herself even if it was nobody's fault. Nobody asked for Vylad to become ill and to pass away, but life has an odd way of working out.

Sadly, it may come to the point where Zianna stops blaming herself and blanes the doctors. Of course the doctors mistreated him few times in the past, but by the time they found the truth it was too late to save him.

The three children, they lock themselves up in their rooms avoiding most human contact. They go to school and then come back home once the school day finishes. Garroth, he goes to baseball practice, but he's not the same anymore. None of them are. They've all changed since Vylad's death. And sadly, it may not be for the best.

"Garte, I miss him. I miss our boy," Zianna cries out sitting on her and her husband's bed. Garte begins to rub her back as she looks down at the floor beneath her. "I was supposed to go before him. He was supposed to be the one to watch me be lowered to a hole in the ground. It shouldn't have been the other way around."

"You still have your other children, Zianna," he says. "They need you as much as me. And if they don't need you as much as me, they need you more. We can visit his grave at any time, and we can look back at all the memories at any time. Zianna, this is hard for the other three. They need us. They need you."

She wipes away the tears in her eyes and looks up at her husband.

"You're right," she says.

The two walk out of the master bedroom and down the hallway that contains all of their bedrooms. They stop at a certain bedroom however, and it pains Zianna and Garte both to know what's behind the door.

They left it the way it was.

The clean clothes folded and hung as they are put away nicely. The desk by the door, and the purple and black colored walls. His nicely made bed with his black comforter that had different colored pillows and blankets on it. Then there are all the pictures that hang on his walls and stand on desktops.

Zianna made a mistake.

She opened the door and turned on the light. Once she did so, memories acted out in front of her like a play. She heard voices of conversations. Some of the conversations she hasn't even witnessed or been apart of.

She looks over towards one end of his bed to see Y/N and Vylad, they appear almost as ghost, sitting together across from each other. Y/N is sitting on the bed facing Vylad as he taps his drumsticks on some wooden surface.

"Vylad move the tempo a bit faster, 'kay?"

"Already on it Y/N."

She looks towards the window once they both disappear, and she sees Vylad once again, but he's with Laurance.

"If you have a crush on a girl, you need to tell her before it's too late. Whoever she is; she'd be an idiot not to like you back. Who is she anyway?"

Vylad chuckles nervously, "She's extremely close to you. Closer than you think."

The figures disappear once again, and right in front of her she sees Alex and Vylad.