chapter twenty four

Weeks went by, and everything was going great. Laurance and I announced our relationship, and TPF fam took it well. Well, most of them did.

Everything was going smoothly until tonight.

"Vylad!"

The sound of drums playing completely stopped.

"Laurance, catch him!"

I turned around only to see him passed out.

"Vylad!" A light smack sound is heard. "V, please wake up! Vylad!"

Everything goes dead silent.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

We're once again back in the hospital. There's obviously something wrong with him that nobody knows about. He can't just be dehydrated, or a simple fever. Something's wrong, and they're not catching it.

"I feel nauseous," Vylad says, and mom walks over to his side. She hands him what the doctors gave him for nausea, and he holds onto it. He lays his head down on the pillow behind him. "I hate this."

"I know you do," Mom says combing through his hair with her fingers.

The door opens and a doctor comes in. He holds onto a clipboard and begins writing on it. "So, we figured out what's wrong with him," The Doctor says. "He has Acute Meningitis. I have already prescribe medicine for him, so he should be fine."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

A few more weeks later we had a follow up for Vylad. They said everything was better, and he was lucky they caught it early.

I tried to do some research on Acute Meningitis, and evedything I searched up said there was a possibility that there could be side affects from it. Things like hearing loss, but it appears we may just get along fine without anything happening to him. We're lucky. Extremely lucky.

We're now doing a practice for the upcoming concert in Meteli. We have decided on doing the tour, and everything is being planned out. Tickets are being sold, and venues are being booked. So far all we know is that our first performace to kick off the tour is in O'Khasis.

"Vylad, begin the song please?" I ask turning to face him. He smiles, and then blows a piece of hair out of his eyes.

"1. . . 2. . . 1. . . 2. . . 3. . . 4!"

Laurance sturms a loud ass cord, and he smirks at me. He knows I hate it when he does that, but he does it anyway. I playfully glare back.

"Alright love birds, we have a song to get to. You're making the intro too long!" Alex laughs into her microphone.

I stick my tounge out and begin to laugh. I'm most likely not helping right now, but it's fine. We do things like this during concerts anyway.

We started doing a music video for Say Amen, and it looks fantastic so far. All four of us have our part in the music video, and it's extremely fun to be apart of.

"It's Saturday, Saturday, it's Saturda-ugh. I can't do it..." He srts his drumsicks down and walks away from the drums.

"Bro, you alright?" Laurance askes.

"My headache won't go away. It's been two days. Why is it so hot in here?"

I walk over and place the back of my hand to his forehead. "You're burning up again. You said you've head this headache for two days now?"

"I don't get this," Vylad starts. "They said everything was cured. What's wrong with me?"

Alex turns to me, "He's having trouble paying attention to things lately. Our study dates sometimes end up with me teaching him what we learned in some classes."

"This isn't right... Laurance, I'm taking him home. Tell Leo something's wrong, and we don't know what yet."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Vylad's POV

"Mrs. Ro'meave, may I speak with you for a minute please?" A new doctor, another hospital trip.

"Of course," I watch as mom lets go of my hand and walks towards the doctor. They sneak out to the hallway, and my stomach drops.

I know something's wrong. I'm not stupid. Something isn't right, and I can feel it.

A cry from outside makes my breath hitch. That's mom... Y/N looks at me and smiles weakly.

"Vylad, we don't know anything. Those could be happy tears. Or, it may not even be mom."

Garroth gives me the same smile Y/N does, and Zane simply shifts in his chair to face the wall.

"Don't worry baby brother, everything's alright. I promise."

The door opens and incomes the doctor. Mom trails behind him, and I can't see her face.

"Ch-Children, I'm calling your father. Be right back... yo."

She leaves, and it's just us four and the doctor.

"So, I don't know how to say this," He starts. "But, I guess I'll just say what's the matter. Vylad, we have found what's wrong with you. You have been mistreated twice in the close past by two different doctors. Vylad, you have Chronic Meningitis. I caught it too late... Vylad, you're going to die."

Garroth you broke your promise to me...

Y/N's POV

I walked out of the hospital room. I can't see mom anywhere in sight, but I do see Laurance sprinting down the hallway. He pulls me into a hug once he sees my distraught face.

"Shh, what's the matter?" I cry into his chest, and he rubs my back pulling me closer to him. "What's going on? Y/N you're really scaring me here."

"V-Vylad, die. Too late. Chronic Meningit-tis."

"He has Chronic Meningitis, and they caught it too late, so he's going to die?"

I nod my head. Silence. Silence fills the hallways, but the sound of crying begins to overpower the silence. The silence appears weak compared to the cries, and then hushed whispers are engulfed by the cries. "We know now... But what do we tell Alex?"

"Tell me what?"

Alex...