ONE

10:00. two more hours until i close shop. i can make it.

i work at a small store. It hadn't been busy lately. Probably because of its location. The store is surround by nothing but dark, empty streets. This street is known for the amount of suicides that have acured here. they call it suicide street.

I would much rather work the day shift, but I don't have much time sense my day time is occupied by my other jobs.

I work until late. 12:30. I usually get home by 1:00.
Sometimes, i hear voices as i go home. Quite, children voices. i tell my self its nothing, but i still worry. I mean who wouldn't?

It finally hit 12:30. I grabbed my jacket and keys, and closed up.
I started to made my made my way home.
Once again, i was hearing the voices, but something was different. the voices sounded more clear, close, lucid. I speed up my walking, but the voices didn't seem to fade away. Out of panic, I started to run, but the voices chased me. Faster and faster i ran. In a desperate attempt to free myself from them. It seemed the faster I ran, the more loud and angry the voices got.

I quickly to a glance behind me. I saw a black smoke take form.

My legs moved at the quickest speed it could muster,

but it was no use.

i looked back once more, and the black smoke took form, a different form, a human form.

the "what ever that was" was geting close. Dangerously close.
For the last time, my head turned to the back of me, and out of the blue i felt a sharp pain in my back.
That thing stabed me.
Soon I tripped over myself and lost my balance. Falling face first to the, hard, solid ground.

i turned so my back was facing the ground. The last thing is saw was bright red eyes, and huge black wings.