TWENTY THREE

I awaken in a white room. A light shined from above, blinding me.

My arms had long, clear, cords attached to them. My caramel skin looked paler than usual.

I was in a white gown. It was lose around my body.

The ringing sound was still audible, but not as defined as before.

I slowly sat up. My head still in pain. The square shaped room was empty. Except for the sharp tools that sat beside me.

A large white door stood proudly in front of me. It looked peaceful. Yeah, a door looked peaceful. Standing there, unbothered.

The room was so silent. You could hear a pin drop. I stared blankly at the door.

Thinking, hoping it was open. But I know it wasn't. At least that's what I thought. Until a woman dressed as a nurse enters the room. Unexpectedly.

There was no sound indicating her entrance. No sound of a door unlocking.

I sat there, my guard fully up. I was ready for a fight. The lady walked in with a bright smile on her face.

"Hello miss" the nurse greeted.

I responded with a nod.

The nurse had short black hair. And a clipboard in her right hand.

"We checked up on you. You fainted from shock."

I what? I thought to my self.

"But luckily all you need was some rest. Your fine now. You will be discharged soon."

I gave the nurse another nod. She left me alone in the white room. That I now know of as a doctors room.

Although I was still very weak, I placed my feet on the cold marble floor. My knees shook as I stood, but I successfully stood up.

I shuffled my way to the big white door. I grabbed onto the silver handled. As I turned the handle, I took a deep breath. Preparing myself for whatever is beyond this door.

Surprisingly, everything looked normal. Like any hospital. The door led to a hall. On the cream-colored walls, there were flower paintings as far as I can see.

The halls where empty. Not a sign of life showed. It was somehow quieter than the room from before.

I slowly made my way down the hall. My footsteps echoed against the walls. My eyes observing the hall. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Wired.

I made my way to the end of the hall. There stood a man. He was tall and pale. I couldn't see his face. Considering it was covered with a mask.

"Hello miss," the man said

Who was he?

I started to search for anyone.
He would make any rash movements with witnesses, right?

As I searched, I caught sight of a window.

I couldn't believe my eyes. I stared at the so very familiar street. The busy cars passing by. The people rushing to get to where they were going. The buildings that completed the place. It was the street I always passed to get to work. Then I realize, I was back home.

GOSH THIS IS BAD OWOOEOWOEOOEEOOWOEOEIIEIEIWIIWIWIWIWIIW