Chapter Two

Seventh grade finally ended and I started eighth grade. I built my walls up in eighth grade. One thing I learned about myself was that I gave people the benefit of the doubt, something I shouldn't do because people will use that against me. And trust me, they did. I was tired of it so I stopped dealing with it.

I became quite and reserved. Talking with people I knew I could trust.

I still was depressed and I knew it. I felt the same internally about everything. I just learned to cover it up. I did alright in school keeping a A B average.

As the years progressed I built more walls and faked everything better. The only good thing that came with this was that I had little to no friends so I had time to focus on school bringing my grades up to a A average.

That certainly helped. I was doing so well in school i was taking college classes in tenth grade.

By the time I became a senior I had no friends. Either my friends moved away, became closer with other people, or they thought I was too weird. I ate lunch in the library or in my car. I walked alone in the halls. I only talked to customers at work. I tried as much as possible to not go home.

My mother and I always but heads but as I got older the worst it became. She knew exactly how to push my buttons and did it everyday. She didnt work, only my dad so she was home. As a young child my mother depended on me a way she shouldnt have. When I turned 12 I realized and stopped dealing with it, making us fight even more. She would ask me to do everything for her or with her. I had to go grocery shopping. I had to go run errands. I had to turn up the air. I got nothing in return. When I turned sixteen, i bought myself a car. I work at starbucks just around the corner. I go to school and if i happen to have free time i go to a park, just so i wont have to face her.

Most nights I dont come home till 8 PM.

One day at school we had a new boy. I had yet to see this boy and it was already lunch time. I heard talk about him though. He was supposedly tall with dark brown hair and bronze skin. Also he allegedly had the most beautiful eyes in the world. To be honest, i didnt care about this new boy. I mean why would i? I have no friends. Im known as the weird loner girl so why would this "amazing" boy want to talk to me?

But lets be honest, I am a little bit curious.

So curious I decided to go in the lunch room just to see if I can get an Idea on him. I only take a couple steps into the room and I see him. He sticks out like a sore thumb, but in a good way. He is of course sitting at the jock table. A couple of girls breaking dress code are scattered through out the round table.

He is so beautiful. He is sitting but you can tell he is over 6 foot and has a 6 pack. He has dark brown, almost black hair that is the most perfect quiff. He is tanned to perfection with dark brown eyes that match his hair. He has a leather jacket slipped around his shoulders. Clearing stating he is a bad boy. When he moves his arm I can just vaguely see a tattoo. He makes every boy look ugly. He looks my way and our eyes meet. I quickly turn around and leave the cafeteria.

I havent "dated" a boy since seventh grade and that relationship didnt even last a week. So to say I have no experience with boys or that department is an understatement.

I still have three classes left, I hope he isn't in any of them.