Chapter Ten

Before I know we've become the power couple at school which i have no idea how or why. I am irrelevant but everyone thinks we are so cute together.

Everyday he takes me to work and to school. I love it. I never thought I would be one of those girls who are obsessed with their boyfriends but I am. Everyday we are together, either hanging out at his house or at the coffee shop.

But i think my mom is catching on. She is always curious where I am and who im with. I just say I am working. She is not always believing it though so I have to tell her.  I just don't know how. "Hey mom I have head a boyfriend for that past four months and dad knew but you didn't. Sorry."

After school I didn't have work so when Jonathan asked me what I wanted to do, I told him "Let's go to my house. You need to meet my mom." I tell him gently. His face drops and he gets nervous. I can tell. He starts bouncing his knee.

"Are you sure?"

"I think she is catching on."

"You know Cara, you have a real talent for springing this stuff on me." He says.

"I know! Im sorry." I put my head on his shoulder. "Its okay i guess." He kisses my head.

"Alright, lets go!" He yells.

Halfway there he gets really nervous. "What do I call her?"

"Her name?"

"Which is?"

"Sandra."

"What if she doesn't like me?"

"Then her loss."

he looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Listen babe, im not going to lie to you. She is really tough and usually hates my friends, but I dont care. You mean so much to me that it doesn't matter." I didn't think when I said this but afterwards I relized something, I love him. For me not to care what my mother thinks then I have to love him. Thinking about it now it feels so obvious. Of course I love him. How could i not? He has completely changed me and my life but it is so much better.

"Thats really sweet and all babe but what if she hates me and then we get married one day and she doesn't come because she hates me. You don't want that." He is panicking.

"It would suck but oh well. Just let me do the talking alright?"

"Alright. Yeah. We got this."

"We do."

Pulling up to my house I see my mom's car in the driveway and also my dad's. This should make things easier.

I open the door and walk in with Jonathan trailing behind me.

"Mom?"

She is in the kitchen making coffee.

"Hey mom, I want you to meet someone."

"Who?" She asks.

"My um boyfriend." Jonathan comes up behind me and extends his hand "Nice to meet you maim."

She shakes his hand but looks confuse. "You have a boyfriend?" She asks me.

"Uh yeah. We have been dating for a few months now."

"Hm, alright. Im Sandra." 

"Jonathan." he replies.

"Does your dad know?" She asks me.

"Yeah he does."

"Do I know what?" He comes into the kitchen. "Hey Jonathan. How are you." My dad says.

"Good sir you?"

"Good."

"Wait is that all mom?" I ask. This is unusual. Things never go over this easy.

"For now. I guess."

"Okay we are going to go to my room then."

I grab Jonathan's hand and lead him upstairs to my room. It is nothing like his considering my room is a third of a size of his room but I still love it.  My walls are painted white and its very modern. I have white furnisher and black as my accent color.

Jonathan sits in a black butterfly fluffy chair as I sit on my small twin size bed.

"I like it." He says.

"What? My room?"

"Yeah, its cool."

"Thanks, I like your room better though."

"I like your room better."

I shrug my shoulders in response.

"So, what do you want to do?" I ask.

"I dont know. What does Ms. Cara want to do?"

"You really want to know?"

"I do."

"I want to travel. Go somewhere far, just for a couple of days. But still somewhere."

"Perfect, where?"

"Oh i dont know. Somewhere in the country, but different state."

"So anywhere?"

"Yeah,  I want an adventure." Obviously I am joking around. I can't afford to go anywhere and I have school. And I dont think my parents would be very happy about it either.

"Cool, lets go to New York City."

"What? How?"

"Simple. Im rich and I too want an adventure."

"Jonathan I can't let you pay for that. It is so expensive and we have school."

"Babe, when was the last time you missed school?"

I couldn't come up with an answer.

"Exactly and I have all the money in the world."

"I dont know." I trail off. He stands up in front of me and grabs my hands.

"Please let me do something. You never let me pay for anything."

I look into his eyes and they are like a dogs. 

"Fine."

"Great! We leave tomorrow. Come over tonight with your stuff?"

"Yeah, sure. Ill text you."

I walk him downstairs to his car and before he leaves he kisses my cheek.

"Don't worry." 

"Ill try not to." I tell him.

He kisses me again and then leaves.