Chapter Seventeen

That night we found a motel and booked a room. We walked in with nothing but our phones and Jonathan's wallet. "One day I will pay you back." I tell him. He paid for the room and will pay for everything else. He holds me against his chest and says "As long as you love me, your debt is no problem." My heart squeezes and I smile. I look at my phone and see it is at 12%. I sigh. "My phone is going to die and my parents are going to wonder where I am." 

"You are an adult. What does it matter?" He says. 

"Yeah and they are going to report me as a missing person." He laughs and kisses my forehead.

"You can use my phone. We can get chargers tomorrow."

I smile and relax a little. He places his hand on my cheek and I lean into it. Its moment like this that make me happy and feel loved. It not him buying me things or him making me food although that is a close a second. It is when he holds me and my chest fills with this bubbly warm feeling that I have only felt when I was reading love stories. It is how I imagined love to feel but multiplied by ten and feels so much better. "I love you so much." i whisper out. It comes out in one breath and I almost didn't even think about it, I just said what was on my mind. He smiles and rubs his thumb on my cheek. "I love you too."

~

The night was spent sharing kisses and cuddles. Something of mine was lost but in the best possible way and I dont think I want it back. When the sun rose I was awake and stepped outside the door. I watched the sun rise with a cup of scalding black coffee I got in the lobby of the motel. Jonathan steps outside with me in his jeans from yesterday. He kisses me good morning and takes a sip of my coffee, "It black. I thought you didn't like it like that?" I take it back and take a sip. "They had no creamer. You can have it." I say. He leans against the wall next to me and puts his arm against my shoulder. "Thank you my love." I lay my head against his shoulder. After last night i cant stop being near him and touching him. 

"I was thinking," he said. "Maybe we could keep driving. Travel around the state."

"For how long?" I ask. He shrugs "However long we want."

"One last hurrah before I leave." I whisper out. I dont want to leave him, but I dont think he is going to come with me and Im not going expect him to. "Dont say that Cara, I still dont know." I know he tells me this, but I think he knows something else. I think he knows where he wants to go and he doesn't want to hurt me. He got accepted into every school he applied to. He didn't tell me which hurt even more. I saw them on his desk. "I know that," i tell him. "I just," I look down and notice the ring on my finger. I take a deep breath and smile. "Never mind." He looks unsure but continues on. "I think it will be really fun. Just you, me, and the road to take us there." I want to go but it seems impossible "Im no where packed. Im moving a million miles away and I have nothing ready to go." He rolls his eyes a little. "Thats what you're worried about? Its fine Cara! Come on, lets do it."

I dont know what made me say yes. It could have been the twinkle in his eye or his rock hard abs or the fact that this will be one of the last things we do together, but I agreed. I put my trust in his hands. I was not going to question anything we do this summer. He can plan it all out and I will just sit back and enjoy the ride.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry this is a short chapter.