12: Date

* knock knock*

She opens her door " kakashi." She lets him in. " What is it?"

Kakashi: promised date. And a gift.

Nina: what gift?

Kakashi: just pull on this ribbon.

She pulls onto the ribbon on the gift. He opens the wrapping " tada."

Nina: yukata...  I don't have one. *Smiles* this is my first one.

Kakashi: I know.

Nina: how did you know?

Kakashi : had a peek at your drawer the last time.

Nina: you only saw it one time... And you remembered what I have and don't have... ?

Kakashi: kind of have a good memory.

Nina: arigato! But... Gomen. I can't wear the yukata now... Arm... A bit hard to wear it...

Kakashi: it's ok. You can wear it next time. It's a present for my brave Nina.

Nina: brave?

Kakashi: you got hurt and didn't even want to tell me.  You rather kept quiet than tell me over the communication seal.

Nina: I... I didn't want you to be distracted in the mission. Because of me...

He pats her head " next time , tell me. Ok?" She nods " um... " He helps her to wear the half mask " ready to go?" She nods with a smile " um!" He held onto her hand " let's go. "

______________________________

They walked into the streets with held hands ...

Kakashi: anything you would like to eat?

Nina: .... No.

Kakashi: ramen?

Nina: ok.

That's when they met gai.

Gai: Kakashi!!! Oh... Girlfriend? You never told me you had a girlfriend!!! Mmm.... Hm.... She looks so familiar...

She looked away and hides behind kakashi. Gai realises he was kind of scaring her and becomes embarrassed " ha... Gomen. I guess I should leave.  But remember kakashi!!! Our battle will continue!!! "

Kakashi: hai hai.

Gai then leaves.

Kakashi: it's ok. He's gone now.

Nina: maybe this is a bad idea... I wanna go back. I'll cook something for you. Let's go back.

He held onto her hand tightly " it's ok. I'm here. "

Nina: mmm...

Kakashi: you wanted this. You'll be fine with me. Ok?

Nina: .... Mmm...
______________________________

They reached the ramen store... They had ordered two bowls of ramen. They were both eating their ramen... That's when asuma came. He sat down beside kakashi " yo. "

Kakashi: yo.  What brings you here?

Asuma: eating. Really hungry. Just came back from a mission.

Asuma realises Nina was looking into his direction " your friend?"

Nina tugs into kakashi's sleeve. Kakashi smiled " yup. Friend. "

Asuma: I see. You pick people who are similar to you to be your friends huh.

Kakashi: I guess... But you're not wearing a mask.

Asuma laughs " you're right. " Nina hurriedly slurps up her soup and finishes her noodle.

Asuma: oh. Am I making her uncomfortable? Gomen...

Nina stands up and bows and leaves .

Asuma: oh no. Gomen kakashi.

" It's ok. " Kakashi hurriedly chases after her.
.
.
.

Kakashi: Nina!

She ignores his calling and walks even faster. He flash steps and got in front of her " Nina. "

Nina: home.

Kakashi: alright.
______________________________

Nina: gomen...

Kakashi: Nina...

Nina: my fault... This turned out to be like that. It's just...

Kakashi; just?

Nina: ... Why are there so many people asking about me. I don't like that. People... Asking about me. I don't like ... Attention.

Kakashi: I see. It's my fault. I'm... Kind of popular... Cos I'm jounin.

Nina: that cannot change... Right?

Kakashi: Nina...

Nina: gomen. My fault... I'm like that... It's late... Maybe you should go home. San daime probably have lots of missions for you tomorrow.

Kakashi; Nina...

Nina: gomen. It ended like that... The date... Goodnight.

" Goodnight. " And he let himself out.