16: Gone

Danzou: hi. Nina.

Nina: danzou...

Danzou: give your baby to the Foundation.

Nina:  I refuse to. You're in a hurry after my baby.

Danzou: well. It's easier now than wait till you give birth.

Nina: I won't let you.

Danzou: I thought you would say that. Bring them here.

A few of her teammates were placed before her , with a kunai to their necks.

Nina: they're konoha. Not some other anbu. A bit extreme.

Danzou : have to be extreme since it's not just your baby. It's kakashi hatake's baby I'm threatening to get.

Her eyes widens in surprise " you know..."

Danzou: just wanted your baby to be in my Foundation. But I also had to be curious who's the father. A bit of a surprise for me too. Nina.

Nina: ... I ...

Danzou: you know me Nina. You helped me remember? I hope you don't forget what you helped me to accomplish. I will use those to get you to give it to me.

Nina: they'll close if you do. Wasting it on me. Not very worth it.

Danzou: that's why I have these isn't it?

" Nina!! "

" Taichou !! "

" Gomen. Our fault you're forced to this step... "

Danzou: think about it carefully. Three lives for one. I would say it's a very fair deal.

Nina: I hate you.

Danzou; hear that a lot.

She knew even if she gave birth to her baby. She had no confidence that she could protect her baby. Not with this man who's standing in front of her threatening her.

She did not want her baby to go to this man. She was afraid. Very afraid that this man would not only take her teammates.

She watches her teammates being held hostage.

This man would also take her baby as well . Even after her birth. Could she still keep her baby ? She knew much of what this man could do. What could she do? Could she at least save one side ?

Nina touches to her belly, her tears fell " your papa is just too popular... " She looks to danzou and sighs " gomen. "

" Don't do it !!! " Her teammates yell.

She takes out a kunai to slice across her belly. A huge amount of blood flows and she collapsed to the ground to her knees. Her face turns pale and she pants " get out of my sight... Leave my... Teammates alone !!!"

" Stubborn . Didn't think you had the guts to do that. " And danzou leaves with his subordinates.

Her teammates go to her side " Nina!!"

She collapsed to the ground, " leave my baby alone... " And she fainted.
______________________________

She wakes up ... Tired. Exhausted.

Hiruzen: Nina.

Nina: San daime.

Hiruzen: gomen... I didn't protect you and your baby.

Nina: she's gone right?

Hiruzen: you mean the baby? Um.

" I see... " She places her hand to her forehead " I don't think I can do missions for a period of time. Gomen."

Hiruzen: are you ok?

Nina: no. When's kakashi coming back?

Hiruzen: I don't know.

Nina: I see... San daime. It's hard.

Hiruzen: having a baby?

" having kakashi as my husband. And being a taichou. " Her tears flowed as she covered her eyes . " I'm never going to be able to protect my baby... Am I ? "

Hiruzen : Nina...
______________________________

Kakashi rushed home .

He hears cries and goes to the bedroom. He sees her throwing baby clothes towards to wall as she cries.

Kakashi : Nina...

She turns to look at him with her tear filled eyes and tear stained cheeks " kakashi..." He goes to her and hugs her. He cups her head " gomen. It's all my fault. I should have stayed to protect you. Protect our child. "

She starts crying again " go away..." He hugs her tight and he starts crying as well. Just like that... They hug each other and cry together.
______________________________

She keeps up all the baby things into the box . He helps her. She goes to the kitchen to take a scissors and scotch tape. She returns to the room. He held onto her arm " Nina. We can have another one. " She looks to him " another ... One... "  He hugs her " um. Another one. So don't give up. "

Nina: um...