48: Day Four

Kakashi had gone back to the shop after he had ask the shopkeeper to develop the photos from yesterday.

" It's done. "

He pays the money " arigato."

" There's a lot of photos of this one lady. She , your wife? "

He nods " um. "

" Eh... You make me want to keep  some film of  roku-daime's . "

Kakashi: surely you won't do that.

" Joking!! But really... You have some good photography skills. "

Kakashi: is that so? Thanks for the compliment.

" You must love her a lot."

Kakashi: um. How do you know?

" Because the photos are pretty. Only someone who wants to capture the best of that moment, can produce photos like that. "

Kakashi: I see... Arigato. Which do you think is the best?

" Me? It's not up to me to say. It doesn't matter isn't it? You know which is the best. "

He takes out the photo that showed he was hugging her while she was sleeping. He smiled.

This one.

" I guess it's decided that. Want to get a frame for that?"

Kakashi: I guess I should.

" There you go. One simple frame."

Kakashi: arigato for your help.
_______________________________

She takes out the album from the paper bag and flips through the album " they're all photos of me... There's only one of us both." She said as she reached the last page.

Kakashi: I'm contented.

She then spots the frame in the bag and takes it out. She sees the photo " ...when did you take this?"

He sits down beside her " when you were sleeping. "

Nina: why frame it?

He takes it over " I think it's better than the wedding photo we took. I want it to put it by the bedside table."

Nina: but I'm sleeping...

Kakashi: that's why I like it.

Nina: you're weird.

Kakashi: maybe.

Nina: kakashi... Has Niashi and nanashi returned? Will they return by tomorrow?

Kakashi: they will return. I asked Naruto.

Nina: sorry... Making you pull your weight around like that...

He cupped her cheek " no. It's ok. I should be allowed to pull my weight around at times. Especially for my wife."

" Kakashi..." She laid onto his chest, into his embrace " .... You make me not want to die... "  He hugged her tightly " maybe you won't. You seem fine now."  She shakes her head " I... I've been hiding it from you. Even though I feel mentally good... The coughing blood hasn't ever stopped."

Kakashi: ssshhhh... Those are not important.

Nina: I feel really tired...

Kakashi: then sleep.

Nina: but I just woke up...

Kakashi: it's ok. No one will blame you.

Nina: but...

Kakashi: ssshhhh... I'll make sure to find out where Niashi and nanashi is before you wake up. Ok? Go sleep.

" Ok..." And she closes her eyes...
_______________________________

Nanashi arrived at the office " nee-chan."

Niashi: nanashi. Yo. Hokage asked me to wait here for you. Said he had something to tell us.

Naruto: actually... it's not me.

" It's me. " Kakashi walked out " Niashi , nanashi." He called out with a serious face.

Niashi: what's the matter?

Nanashi: papa... Face... Serious.

Kakashi takes in a deep breath " that is... That is... mama is dying. Tomorrow is the last day. "

Niashi: what... WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!!

nanashi : nee-chan. Calm down. What happened? Is it really true?

Kakashi : why would I lie about something like that. I love your mama very much.

Niashi: that means... That means..  it's true... Mama is... Dying...

Nanashi hugs Niashi and they both start to cry.