41: Begging For Mission

Nina: shikamaru. Naruto.

Shikamaru: yes.... X_X

Naruto: what can I... do for you?

Nina: you sent my kakashi away. Didn't you?

Shikamaru: he agreed on his own.

Naruto: ex... Exactly!!

" you watch out. " And she leaves the office slamming the door. Niashi comes in " you pissed of my mama. Didn't you?"

Naruto: she's... Scary...

Niashi: if not... do you think my papa would listen to her?

Shikamaru: you... You don't seem afraid of her.

Niashi: she's pissed at you. Not me. Plus, at most I get a lousy bento or no lunch. Good luck to you.

Naruto:eh?!! Is there no way around this?!!

Niashi: well... Mama is quite temperamental... Maybe she'll be ok after a while.

Naruto: I see.

Shikamaru: maybe? Or what?

Niashi: I remember the last time papa pissed mama off. Papa went to meet another kunoichi late in the night and didn't come back for dinner. Mama thought he went to had an affair and forgot about their anniversary. But actually it was just another hokage thing. Because of that, mama almost killed that kunoichi.

Naruto: well... She wouldn't try to kill me...

Niashi: there was also this other time... Papa forgot to come back for Nanashi's birthday. We even went to his office to wait. Mama got so angry she locked all the doors and windows of the house. Placed seals on all of them so papa wouldn't enter. Plus a note on the door, finally remembered to come home?

Naruto: scary... Luckily Hinata was never like that.

Shikamaru: -_- sounds like something temari would pull. Women are scary.
_____________________________

Nina: having a hard time?

Shikamaru: nina-san. No. I'm fine.

Nina: you can use me you know. I'm bored anyway. Kakashi is not in. My kids are out on mission... Sighs. Is this how old looks like?

Shikamaru sweatdrops . Complaining to get a mission? " No no. You're not old. Just... A bit alone... "

Nina: even temari gets to do stuff.

Shikamaru: that's different.

Nina: that's what you say. Anyway. This is for the hokage.

Shikamaru receives a scroll and sees a seal " this is... "

Nina: a new one. I couldn't find the old one. Kakashi probably took it with him. This seal allows you to talk to me wherever I am .

Shikamaru: no . It's ok. We do just fine.

Nina: you'll never know when you need it. Just take it.

Shikamaru: I'll get scolded if I do.

Nina: by who? Kakashi. Ignore him. He's an idiot.

Shikamaru: it's really fine. We don't want to disturb you.

Nina: ok then~~
_____________________________

Temari: oh. You're back home. Shikamaru.

Shikamaru: ah.

Temari: nina-san passed by and gave me this. Said it's for the hokage. You left it at her house the other day.

" Eh?" He took the scroll and opened it. I knew it... It's that communication scroll.
_____________________________

Nina: yo. I want a mission.

Naruto: eh?! I can't.

Nina: why? Because you're the hokage? That's why you get to be aggressive? Huh?!

Naruto: no... That's not what I mean...
Was she ever this aggressive?

Shikamaru: calm down. Nina-san.

Nina: gomen... I don't want to be like that. I just... Just am really bored. Do you know what I do on the days you send kakashi and my kids out for missions?

" don't really want to know..." Naruto thinks. Then he asks "...  What? "

" Great... We're in trouble... " Shikamaru thinks.

Nina: I get really bored and I start studying seals.

Naruto: that's good isn't it?

Shikamaru: exactly. You're kind of helping konoha too.

Nina sighs " I like being a ninja. But I hate the big responsibilities people put on me because I was once ... Something. I envy them being able to go out for missions. So please... One mission. Send me out for one. I'll promise I'll try to come back before kakashi does. Ok? "

Shikamaru: Nina-san...

Naruto: shikamaru. Give her one mission.

Nina: yes!!! Thank you!!
_____________________________

Shikamaru: in the end... We gave her a mission.

Naruto: nothing bad will happen right?

Shikamaru: don't know... I don't want to think... Don't want to guess.