dieciocho.

"E-everything okay?" Taehyung asked when he stepped into the kitchen, placing his wallet on the table as his eyes came up to meet Jeongguk's piercing ones.

   "Someone came by today," Jeongguk said, keeping his eyes on Taehyung, his arms crossed to keep his fists still, although they were still clenching.

   "For what?" Taehyung shifted nervously, feeling uncomfortable with how intensely Jeongguk was staring at him.

   "Dropped this off. Said you left it. In his car," Jeongguk said as he threw Taehyung's coat on the table, Taehyung's eyes landing on the cloth, realizing that it was the coat he was looking for this morning.

   Silently cursing to himself, Taehyung was too scared to look up at Jeongguk, not knowing what he would do.

   "Said his name was Jimin. Mind telling me just who exactly this 'Jimin' is? And why the fuck you were with him?" Jeongguk sat in the chair across from Taehyung, his eyes never once leaving the older male.

   Taehyung couldn't think of a good excuse that would make sense, so he decided to say nothing, keeping his eyes glued to the wall, away from Jeongguk.

   "Yah, I'm talking to you. Answer me. Now," Jeongguk raised his voice, his fists resting on the table, holding back the urge to make Taehyung answer him.

   "H-he's no one," Taehyung answered, his heart hurting at labeling Jimin as 'no one'.

   "Then why the fuck were you with him? In his car?" Jeongguk kept grilling him with questions, questions that Taehyung had to think of an answer to quick.

   "When I-I got off work a few days a-ago, it was raining and he just drove me home. Nothing happened," Taehyung built up the courage to look Jeongguk in the eyes, hoping he was believable.

   "Better stay the fuck away from him," Jeongguk said as he stood up, walking to their shared bedroom and slamming the door behind him, knocking off one of the frames put up to cover a hole in the wall.

   After sitting in silence, thinking over just how stupid he was, Taehyung's phone started to buzz, indicating a text. Walking over to grab it, he could see it was a text from Jimin.

    Jimin: we still on for Wednesday? I have plans I think youd like

    Shit. Why now of all times? What should I say?

   Taehyung: of course. like what plans?

  'What if Jeongguk finds out?'

   'Don't tell him, obviously.'

   Jimin: that's a secret, baby. youll find out soon enough ;)

   Taehyung: aishh. okay. see you

   Jimin: be ready ;))

   This boy...

   With the distraction known as Jimin gone, Taehyung's mind went back to the current situation, knowing that with this, he'll have to be even more careful and think of what to say to Jeongguk ahead of time, if the younger were to ever question his absence.

   It doesn't seem like Jeongguk would question it too much, but better be safe than sorry.

   Taehyung: jinnie hyung, i'll need off on Wednesday please??

   Seokjin: why??? give me a good reason and i'll consider it

   'Should I tell him?'

   'Of course! It's Seokjin,'

   Taehyung: I'm going on a date

   Taehyung: with jimin

  Seokjin: why didn't you tell me!? i'll get Hoseok to cover your shift

   Taehyung: thank you so much hyungie!!

   Seokjin: use protection!!!

   Taehyung: hyung!! >///<

   Seokjin: 😂😙

   'Have you ever thought about what you're doing?'

   'What do you mean?'

   'I mean, you're cheating on Jeongguk. Your boyfriend,'

   'No, I'm not. I'm just going out. With Jimin,'

   'Believe what you want, it's still wrong,'

   'Rude,' Taehyung thought after having his own mental conversation, later deciding to start cooking so that he wouldn't have to see Jeongguk more than he ought to.

   "Just two more days."

---

if you guys saw the short announcement about my inactivity, then know I have no idea why I'm so in and out of it, but it's troublesome. all I can say now is to not expect steady updates, and maybe times of inactivity. I hope this doesn't interfere with the status of my book, but please understand.

thank you all for reading, it does mean a lot. I hope this book stays enjoyable.