epilogue.

It was 2 years later and Jimin was now walking free.

   He was found innocent on misplaced manslaughter. It was supposed to be Taehyung in his place.

   When Namjoon called the police after he woke up and found Taehyung gone, his first instinct was to call the police. But not to report him missing. But to report Jimin. Namjoon knew that that's where Taehyung would go.

   Jimin was glad that it was him in there and not Taehyung. He knew Taehyung couldn't take the prison life.

   Jimin got a cab back to his old apartment, hoping that Taehyung was still there. Waiting for him.

   When Jimin made his way to the old apartment, he brought his fist up and took a deep breath before knocking.

   "Tae!...hyung?" Jimin trailed off when the door opened only to reveal an older woman. And not Taehyung.

   "Excuse me, uhm, do you happen to know a Kim Taehyung? He used to live in this apartment," Jimin tried to look over the women's shoulder, hoping to see any trace of their old stuff.

   Even the paint was a different color.

   "Oh, son, I'm so sorry," the women started, pulling her coat closer to herself. "Kim Taehyung passed away two years ago."

   What? He... What?

   "He's burried at Central Time Cemetery, if you want to see him," she said without more words, closing the door when she saw the lost look on the boys face, his eyes watering.

   Jimin heard ringing in his ears as he walked away, his legs feeling weaker by the step.

-

   It was true. Taehyung was buried.

Kim Taehyung
Dec 30, 1995-May 18, 2018
Rest In Peace
Beautiful Son, Brother, and Lover

   Wow, it's true. He is gone.

   Collapsing to his knees in front of the eroding stone hammered into the ground, Jimin didn't notice he was crying until he subconsciously sniffed, then that brought attention to the wetness staining his skin.

   "TaeTae. My beautiful TaeTae," Jimin started, using the back of his hand to wipe away his tears. "I'm so sorry. You didn't deserve to die yet. Not ever.

"Taehyung, you meant the world to me. You were my everything. This is all my fault!" Jimin screamed as he pounded his fists into the ground, his body shaking as sobs racked his body.

   "Taehyung, I love you so much," Jimin was weak as he crawled closer to the headstone, a new wave of tears falling down his face when he noticed the small framed picture of Taehyung propped against the cement.

   A bright smile radiated from the picture, Taehyung as lively as ever.

   Jimin softly took the frame in his hands, a smile now on his face as he stared at the picture, warm tears on his face as he never stopped staring, wanting to engrave every detail into his mind.

   Laying the frame back down, Jimin pulled his sleeve up to his elbow, looking at the tattoo on his wrist that matched Taehyung's own. Jimin's a left wing, and Taehyung had the right wing. They decided on them when they smoked one too many one night, surprisingly not regretting them in the morning.

   Jimin laughed as he wiped at his eyes again, putting his hand back down as he looked up at the sky, his chest warming at knowing that Taehyung was happy and not hurting anymore. Life was hard for them, and Jimin must say that Taehyung was his lifeline for the time they were together. But now that's gone.

   But Jimin wasn't going to end his own life because of Taehyung. No. That'd be disrespectful. Jimin was going to live. If not for himself, then for Taehyung.

   Jimin spent the rest of the day sitting with Taehyung, sharing stories with him and imagining Taehyung's responses and his reactions in his head, the smile never leaving his face.

   "I have to go, TaeTae," Jimin slowly stood up, wiping the dirt off his butt.

   "I'll be back here tomorrow, 10AM. Every day," Jimin leaned down, laying his head on the gravestone and closing his eyes, saying goodbye.

   "I love you, my TaeTae," Jimin smiled, giving the stone two pats before walking off.

   I love you too, my ChimChim

   Jimin smiled when the wind whispered its response, his heart warm and his mind content.