veintitres.

"Have you seen my phone?" Taehyung asked, now that they were done with breakfast at lunch, and the time approaching 3PM, Taehyung knowing that he should get back to Jeongguk.

   "I don't know, but, uhm. Do you maybe wanna stay another night?" Jimin asked, wringing his hands nervously in front of him, just hoping that Taehyung will say yes.

   "Uh, I don't wanna intrude. I mean, I'd like to, I just don't wanna be a bother," Taehyung bashfully looked away, the thought of once again being with Jimin all night making his face burn.

   "Oh God no! I don't mind, really. I'd love for you to stay over another night," words were now just tumbling from Jimin's lips, the want to be with Taehyung making him somewhat desperate.

   "Well, if you don't mind, I'd like that," Taehyung smiled, putting the shoe he was about to put on down, walking over to the couch to sit down, Jimin following him.

   "I have a question. And you don't have to answer me, I completely understand if you don't," Jimin said, waiting for Taehyung to give him confirmation to go on. Once Taehyung nodded, Jimin sucked in a breath, closing his eyes and continuing.

   "Do you think maybe, you'd like to be with me? I mean, maybe after Jeongguk. I honestly don't mind waiting," Jimin said in one breath, his heart beating in his ears at the silence. When he opened his eyes, all he could see was Taehyung surging toward him, and then he felt lips on his. And as fast as they were there, they were gone.

   Opening his eyes, he was met with a smiling Taehyung.

   "Who says you have to wait?" Taehyung whispered, his face heating up at the proposal.

   "But what about Jeongguk...?" Jimin asked, the thought of the other male being a possible threat to their relationship making his eyebrows knot in irritation.

   "I told you earlier I didn't want to go back to Jeongguk, didn't I?" Taehyung whispered, once again leaning toward Jimin, not moving any further, waiting for Jimin to do or say something, but instead, Jimin wrapped his hand behind the back of Taehyung's neck, pulling Taehyung closer to him and pushing their lips together, both of them smiling into the kiss before there  was a ringing from the next room, the ringtone belonging to Taehyung's phone.

   "Is that my phone?" Taehyung whispered, looking around for the source of the sound. Jimin tried to pull Taehyung back to continue the kiss, but Taehyung pulled away, persistent on finding his phone. Standing up, Taehyung made his way to the room that the sound was coming; the room Taehyung came to know as Jimin's bedroom.

   "How did it get in here?" Taehyung asked as he made his way to the bed, his hand picking up his phone just as it stopped ringing, the caller ID showing Jeongguk's name before going off, Taehyung seeing his reflection on the dark screen.

   "Hmm, I must've put in here on the way to the shower," Taehyung deducted himself, not missing the way Jimin's breath caught in his throat at almost being caught for hiding Taehyung's phone. But he wasn't entirely in the clear; Taehyung might read the messages that Jimin has yet to delete.

   "Let me just--," Taehyung was cut off by Jimin grabbing his phone and throwing it to the chair on the other side of the room, leading Taehyung to give Jimin a questioning look.

   "Let's go out!" Jimin exclaimed, laughing nervously at the look Taehyung was giving him.

   "What's wrong, Jiminie?" Taehyung was actually kind of creeped out at Jimin's erratic attitude. Jimin nodded his head, dismissing the accusation.

   "But maybe we could go out to eat. Since we slept through a regular dinner, we could go get take out," Jimin ushered Taehyung out of the bedroom, closing the door behind him to make sure the possibility of Taehyung getting his phone back was reduced.

   "Okay, I don't mind!" Taehyung exclaimed, the thought of going out making getting his phone less of a priority. He does have a one track mind, after all.

   "Let's go," Jimin said, following Taehyung out of the door after they put their shoes on, closing and locking the door behind them as they made their way to Jimin's car.

---

please don't critic my work in public comments. if you have a problem with my writing, or have anything else to say about the book, please private message me.