treinta.

"Taehyung, we're here," a voice penetrated through Taehyung's comatose, raising his head from where it rested on the car window. Opening his eyes, Taehyung was met with a house he wasn't very familiar with, but when he glanced around and his eyes landed upon Namjoon, he remembered that he was with his cousin for the next few days.

   'Hopefully Jiminie doesn't freak out,' Taehyung thought as he opened the car door, stumbling when his feet first hit the pavement.

   "I'll let you get inside and wash up, then I need to talk to you," Namjoon said as he pulled Taehyung's bags out of the trunk of the car, slamming it shrunk as he and Taehyung began their walk into Namjoon's house.

   When Taehyung walked in, he was met with the sweet scent of vanilla and tea, the smell making him want to smile.

   "The bathroom's down the hall, last door. When you get out I'll be in the kitchen," Namjoon instructed, setting Taehyung's bags on the living room couch, watching in concern as Taehyung trudged to showers, walking like a deadman.

-

   "Hyungie?" Taehyung asked as he found his way to the kitchen, the smell of bibimbap filling his nose. When he made his way to the table, he pulled a seat out and sat down, waiting for Namjoon to respond.

   "Hyung!" Taehyung said a bit louder, successfully getting Namjoon's attention. Ripping his earbuds out, Namjoon tured around to find a freshly showered Taehyung sitting at the table, eyebrow raised in question.

   "Sorry, couldn't hear you. Ready to eat?" Namjoon asked as he turned off the stove and brought the two plates to the table and sat them down, adjusting to the awkward silence between the two.

   "Why'd you want me to pick you up? And why weren't you at Jeongguk's?" Namjoon started the onslaught of questions, not giving Taehyung time to process them.

   "Okay, can I just explain everything on my own? From the beginning?" Taehyung instead suggested, rubbing at his forehead as he already felt an ache starting to form. When Namjoon nodded, Taehyung could feel the lump in his throat, but he tried his best to speak around it, just knowing that his words were going to come out choked.

   "Okay, so, where do I start?" Taehyung laughed, resting his cheek on his hand. "So, let's just start with saying that, Jeongguk is no longer here," he whispered, awaiting Namjoon's response.

   "Wait, you mean...?" Namjoon's eyes widened when Taehyung nodded, his stomach dropping. "H-How'd he die?"

   "We'll get there," Taehyung responded, taking a sip of his water to try and remove the lump in his throat. It didn't work.

   "Okay. Let's just say that Jeongguk wasn't the best person to be in a relationship with. He was rather... rough, you could say," Taehyung began, watching as Namjoon's eyes squinted, then widened in realization.

   "He abused you?! Did you report him?" Namjoon's voice rose too much for Taehyung's comfort at the moment, so he did his best to calm the elder down.

   "Uh, yeah, he did. And no, I didn't report him. Can I continue?" Taehyung tried to  get Namjoon to stop fuming long enough to get his words out.

   "Anyway, he wasn't a pleasant person to be around most of the time, but I still wanted to be with him," Taehyung sighed when Namjoon rolled his eyes. "As I was saying, I was with Jeongguk with some time before I met Jimin. He's the guys house I was at, before you picked me up. Get it so far?" Taehyung made sure that Namjoon understood everything before he continued.

   "Yeah. But, like, are you and Jimin a thing already?" Namjoon was surprised, to say the least, that Taehyung had already moved on from Jeongguk. Taehyung was rather tactile. It took him forever to get over his stuffed lion plushie, Byunnie, when he was a child. He has serious abandonment issues.

   "Yeah, we are. And, now, before you say anything else, I don't want you to freak out, okay?" Taehyung was reluctant to say what he had planned to say next.

   "But first, I want to know why you were crying when you called me," Namjoon wasn't the most patient.

   "That's what I was getting at, thank you," Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Anyway, it was because of what Jimin made me do..," Taehyung trailed off, looking away from his cousin's intense stare.

   "Why? Did he make you do something you were uncomfortable with? Did he hurt you? I swear, if he made you cry, I'm so going to kill him," Namjoon blabbered away, grasping his spoon as if it were a knife and stabbing at the air.

   "No need to that, hyung," Taehyung laughed nervously, taking the spoon out of Namjoon's hand and setting it down on the table. "But he did make me do something rather... not looked positively upon."

   "What do you mean?" Namjoon's brows knotted together in concern, calming back down as he leaned back in his chair, his gaze never leaving Taehyung's.

   "Okay, well," Taehyung took a deep breath, preparing himself for what was to happen next. "Jimin was part of the reason Jeongguk passed."

   "...What?!" Namjoon shouted, quickly standing from his chair, the piece of wood falling to the floor.

   "Shh!" Taehyung stood up just as quickly, trying to get Namjoon to stop fuming.

   "You mean that Jimin guy killed Jeongguk?" Namjoon's eyes were locked on Taehyung, gaze heavy. If looks could kill, Taehyung would be a dead man, 2 times over.

   "No. Well, I mean, yes. Kind of. That doesn't matter!-"

   "Uh, yeah, it kind of does!"

   "Shh, no it doesn't!"

   -Ring!-

   "Taehyung, I swear to God, don't answer it."

---

ahh, I didn't know how else to end it without keeping it going for too long,,,

anyway, I just need to clear a few things up, for the people that keep saying 'how horrible Jeongguk and Taehyung's relationship was' or 'why didn't Tae just leave'. well, they were in a dysfunctional relationship. despite JK abusing Tae, Tae couldn't leave because he loved JK. he just needed someone to shed some light on the fact that he needed to leave, which is where Jimin came in. Jimin made Tae 'kill' JK so that he would be safe. none of the relationship was supposed to be right from the beginning. that's the whole point of this book.