01;

Mia Evans thought she would never go back at the ice rank, she skated for 8 years after her devastating injury last March. Her sister and her parents convinced her to go back and so she did.

Mia
-
I walked into the familiar building I've skated in for the rest of my life. It was a moment I never thought I would do, after my injury last March, but I wanted to and I needed to.

Figure skating became a huge impact in my life and I didn't want one injury stopping me from ruining the moment. I took a breathe and walked up closely to the ice rank to see familiar and unfamiliar faces skating around the rank.

I smiled at the people until I spotted a very familiar person around her mid 20s, she had brown beautiful brunette hair with a blue jacket and black leggings. I couldn't get a good look at the girl, so I moved to the side a little bit until I saw her face.

I was sudden feeling more happier when I saw the girl, "Jennifer." I yelled across the rank, some people were looking at me but I didn't care.

The girl looked directly at me and started skating towards me, "Oh my god Mia is that you."

I nodded my head and gave her a huge hug, "Your finally back" she said, while hugging me back.

"Better than ever." I replied, has we let go from the huge hug.

Jennifer Davis, my coach and my 2nd mom mostly. She maybe young but she has bright experience in being a figure skating coach and has led me through a lot of competitions to get to the U.S 2015 and 2016 Championship.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, "aren't you supposed to be recovering?"

Most people didn't know I was able to ice skate again since I found out a week ago, "Well I'm back on my feet and ready to skate."

"That's great." She cheered. "Why don't you go ahead and get your skates on, we have special guest coming in soon."

I nodded my head and walked to the nearest bench to put my skates on. Man it felt great seeing my coach, but I was considered who was the special "guest" was.

I laid my bag on the ground and sat down on the bench and grabbed the pair of skates from my bag. Has soon has I got them out I smiled at the pair because I was actually going back, I was going to be golden again.

I tied my skates, zipped my bag closed and went gliding on the ice smoothly. I've never felt happier in my life that I was finally on ice after a year.

"Great!" I heard a cheer from behind, I turned around to see Jennifer. "Why don't you go ahead and do a few laps around the ice and then we can work on some technics."

I did a few laps around the ice and got to talk to some familiar people I knew like my friends Fiona, Sophia, Nick etc and then I got to meet some unfamiliar people that we're some fans of mine.

Jennifer called me over to start practicing before the special "guest." came. A few people started leaving then and there either going to the cafe next door or just leaving in general for appointments and all that. I don't usually mind when people leave the rank.

"Okay are you ready." She asked me.

"Yeah, I'm just really concerned about who the guest is." I confessed, it was going nuts in my brain for some reason.

"Yeah me too, Carter really never told me who the special guest is." Jennifer said.

Carter was the other coach but for the younger kids more like 5-7 year olds but he comes in on Monday's.