10;

The next morning I woke up has a mess, my pillow was still wet from the tears I had from yesterday night and my phone was next to my arm, which wasn't fully charged.

I checked my phone to see plenty of notifications from Instagram and Twitter. I was thankful that the video of Nathan and I was dying down low because I was having so much stress already that I didn't need more.

I got up and combed my hair and while I was in the process, my phone was buzzing in with more notifications but I just ignored it because today all I needed was to focus and relax.

Yesterday was rough for me and today I just needed it to be a new day because today I was going to tell my dad everything about Nathan. I didn't care if he would ground me from seeing him, I didn't care if he was going to take my keys away from me. I just really need to take this chance.

After I combed my hair, I heard a familiar ringtone coming from my phone. I put my comb down on my vanity and grabbed my phone to see McKenna calling.

Of course I pressed accept, "Hey how are you." She asked.

"I'm doing better."

"That's good" She replied, "any plans for today?"

I didn't really think about going outside today again but it took me a good minute to find out that I needed to skate today.

"Yeah I have lessons for skating today and I was going to tell my dad tonight, why?" I asked.

"I was wondering if you wanted to hangout again but you have skating." She sighed.

McKenna always wanted to learn how to skate so I thought today would be a good day too. "No worries, how about if I took you to my lesson and showed you how to skate."

"Are you serious!" She screamed through the phone.

"Yeah why not." I laughed.

"Thank you thank you, I'll be ready in 10." I laughed and before I hung up on her since I need to change. She had to scream in my ear one more time "Wait you're telling your dad."

"I need to McKenna, I can't handle it anymore I'll just have to accept it. Who knows something good might happen."

"I'm proud of you."

"Thank you, now I need to go." I laughed.

"Okay bye!" I ended the call so I could change and before that I scroll through my messages, I was getting plenty of texts from my family trying to apologize of what happened yesterday, even though I should be the one apologizing and then not them. I texted all 3 of them for a family meeting tonight because I was ready to tell everything to my dad and I needed support.

"Hey girl." I said, Has I stopped in front of McKenna's house has she was getting in.

She smiled and instantly gave me a hug. It was really needed for me. "You're okay right?"

I nodded, "yes McKenna." I said, has I was backing up from her driveway.

"I'm so glad that you're telling your dad tonight."

I agreed, "Same, I need to get everything out of my head and I don't care if my dad gets mad at me because it's worth it."

"You go girl!" She cheered.

McKenna plugged her phone to the usb in my car, so that we can jam to music while I was driving and I really needed it so I can get a mental thought of what I wanted to skate too.

"Song request?" She said.

"Hmm Perfect by Ed Sheeran."

I caught McKenna smirking at the corner of my eye, "No McKenna I swear if your thinking this is for Nathan."

"Fine Fine."

She turned on the song and next thing you know we we're jamming to it by singing horribly.

"Are you ready." I asked McKenna. We were both sitting down on the bench while I was tying my skates.

She nodded but then realized something, "I don't have skates."

"You're so lucky I keep an extra pair." I smiled, I took out another pair of skates that we're actually my sister's, but she doesn't mind when I take them because she doesn't skate that often.

"Thank you so much." She smiled, I gave her the pair and she immediately put them on.

"Just don't forget to tie your skates tight and don't remove the guards until you get on the ice." I warned her.

She nodded her head and next thing you know we we're both on ice until she slipped on her butt. I just laughed and gave her hand.

"Dang this is tuff."

"Not really, It just needs some practice." I said.

"Here hold my hand." She nodded and held on my hand for dear life that my knuckles we're turning a little red.

We skated around the rink until Jennifer came, so she could help me out because in 2 weeks I was having a competition around in California. No one knew yet expect for me, McKenna, Jennifer, and my family. But this was going to be a surprise for everyone and even Nathan because I was going compete at the same comp has all the Americans we're so that meant Adam, Nathan, Vincent and the Shibutani's, eventually the women that were competing with me that we're American like Mirai and Karen knew but not the pairs or the men's.

"I'm so excited for your competition." McKenna whispered.

I nodded, I couldn't believe it though because I competing after a year.

"Hey girls." Jennifer yelled. I dragged McKenna with me so we could talk to Jennifer and man she still held on tight.

"Hey." We both greeted. "So are you ready for the competition?" Jennifer asked. I nodded, I was happier then ever.

"Better then ever."

McKenna I made space for Jennifer to come in and I could tell she happy for me too.

"Alright let's get into this short program."

alright let me just tell you guys that I'm not upset about this chapter and that I'm happy about this ❤️ but my other chapters are like really bad so..

- marinel