03;

"So you go here every time." Nathan asked me has we we're both drinking out of our milkshakes.

"I mean I guess you can say that." I laughed. "My best friend works here."

McKenna Brooks my best friend since kindergarten, we did everything together, we told everything to each other. I supported her at her softball games and she supported me when I had my injury and also my skating competitions.

"Your best friend?" He questioned me.

"Yeah she's the cashier."

Nathan turned around to see the blonde best friend of mine taking orders from people. McKenna made contact with Nathan at one point and she waved at him and he waved back, after that little interaction. McKenna just glared at me and really that glare was something like "tell me who he is glare."

McKenna didn't know Nathan that much so I'm guessing that's a good thing. Because whenever I told her about a boy I would interact with she would flip with happiness and the last time I told her anything like that was my ex boyfriend Ethan.

Ethan was a keeper for 5 months of my time being and I enjoyed it until he cheated on me with some Italian girl that figure skates and that I compete with so she was basically my nemesis.

I told Nathan about my friendship with McKenna and I can tell after I told him he was shocked of how good of a bond we are.

"Wow."

"Yup."

It was just a moment of silence and sipping on our milkshakes just looking at each other until I broke it.

"So since we're here now, tell me about yourself." I said

"Well get ready because this maybe a long one."

"Are you sure." He asked.

"I've got time, no worries." I smiled

"Okay well here goes nothing.." He started telling stuff about him, about his family, friends, and skating etc. It was pretty interesting because we had somethings in common like his love for basketball, his secret talent of guitar, etc. He also told me that there was another Chen in figure skating and everybody would call him and the girl 2Chenz because of his last name and how they kind of look alike which I find quiet funny.

It was interesting but he was to well known for his achievements, which I wished had happened to me but nope they just called me the golden girl.

"Now tell me about yourself." He asked.

"I'm not really interesting." I said.

"Oh come you're the golden girl."

"Well golden girls sometimes don't have a great life you know."

He looked me in the eyes all confused, I'm pretty sure he doesn't know about my injuries by the looks of him.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

Yup he definitely doesn't know, so this meant I actually had to tell him.

"I had an injury back in March 2016 of last year, my sister and I were in Las Vegas with our parents to go on a regular family vacation you know." I started telling him the story and he nodded after I paused on the moment.

"We we're driving back from the Las Vegas Strip and to go to our hotel to meet our parents. Olivia my sister, wasn't really paying attention that much on the road since we were jamming to songs in the car, she turned to the right and went at least 30mph you know the regular car speed I guess you can say, we went straight after we turned and my sister was looking on the road just driving while we we're listening to music and the next thing you know bam a car hit my sister and I right in front us."

Nathan was shocked I could tell by his eyes and his emotion.

"My sister car was a wreck seconds after the car hit us. My sister had a air bag or whatever it's called and I didn't, the window of my sisters car didn't break thankful but the minute I  looked down I saw my leg it was bleeding and gushing, I thought it was the end of my skating career basically."  The emotion of me talking about my injury story was the worse I was almost in the verge of crying but I didn't want to make a scene in the cafe.

"It took me a year, just a year to recover and rehab. But last week I found out I was able to skate and I couldn't be happier then ever when I found out, but now here I am talking to you."

I looked at Nathan, he was unbearable by his emotions.

Nathan grabbed my hand and held it on top of the table where everyone could see but I didn't care, for heaven sake I was telling Nathan Chen my injury story that I thought would take my skating career away. "I'm here for you Mia and no one should be in the same way that you we're but you got over it, you overcame it."

This was getting emotional for me so I just held it in, "Thank you so much Nathan, I never thought you would care so much about this situation or even me." I replied.

"Mia, this was a huge impact for you of course I would care." He was still holding on my hand rubbing his thumb over my knuckles and I liked it.

guys this is like so bad but I love it!! ❤️

the weeks finally done but if you guys didn't know Nathan's performing tonight again because he got qualified from yesterday for the free skates today!

I wish him good luck tonight & that I will always love him no matter what win or lose I still love him & support him no matter what. I know he can do it I know he can :))

btw my heart goes out to all the victims and families from the Florida high school shooting ❤️🙏 they didn't deserve it or even those 17 that we're killed 😭

- marinel