08;

It's been a few days since Nathan and Mia met and they've been getting closer and closer every single day. Nathan was out in New York with the Team USA to compete, while Mia was either at Lakewood Ice Rinks where Nathan usually goes for training or at home eating chips while watching Netflix's.

It was a Thursday afternoon, I was in bed eating ice cream while watching Switch at Birth and let me tell you it was going good. I was able to get a day off today from skating since I worked so hard the past couple of days without Nathan being in the states.

I heard the doorbell coming from downstairs so I paused the show and held my ice cream with me so it wouldn't melt. I was rushing because the person was ringing the doorbell so much. I looked in the fisheye to see McKenna at my doorstep and so I opened the door.

"Hey" I smiled, while holding my ice cream.

"Jeez you look like a mess." She stated and looked at me from head to toe.

I got offended there but she was my best friend, "Well jeez I had a day off today from skating."

I let her come in my house and by the looks of her face she was tired. "Are you okay?"

"Better than ever, yesterday night I had a 5 hour night shift at the cafe." She said while she was taking off her shoes, "they let me call in today because of yesterday night."

I closed the door right behind her with my bowl of ice cream on one hand. "Well we can spend the day together since we both never see each other that much anymore because you're usually working and I'm with Nathan." I continued until she stopped me.

"Girl you have so many things to talk about from the past few days because I heard from Fiona that you told her that you we're at Nathan's house at one point and then the other night you snuck him in here without your dad finding out and only your mom and your sister knew." She said, sadly I was guilty about that night but it happened and that night Nathan gave me his hoodie that I still have in my closet.

We both ran upstairs in my room to talk about everything the past few days like before Nathan left until now and I can tell as I was talking about everything to McKenna, she was really satisfied and happy about it.

"Okay you guys honestly act like a couple." She said. "But the good thing is that I've never seen you this happy since your 16th birthday and I'm so proud about it because you found someone better than Ethan." McKenna was about to tear up. So I instantly went for that hug to cheer her up and dang she held on tight.

"I'm so happy for you." She said.

"I am too."

We let go of the hug and there we're tears running from her eyes. "No McKenna honey stop." I said, has I lend her some tissues.

"I should cry because I'm happy for you." Has she careful wipes the tears off her face.

"We're not even official yet anyways so you're in luck." I said.

"You guys should because has I said, you literally act like a couple." She stated again.

My phone started ringing in the middle of no where after McKenna made that statement. So I picked up my phone from my nightstand to see Nathan trying to FaceTime.

"You see! I can't even a guy and you got one just because you we're at a ice rank." She protested.

I shushed her and accept Nathans call, so when the screen popped up it wasn't Nathan's face at all. It was someone that looked so familiar that I knew of but I couldn't get a name.

McKenna looked at me confused, "Are you okay?" She asked me, I nodded my head "it's just this is not Nathan but I know this guys face." I pointed out.

I showed McKenna my phone and she didn't know who in the heck was this person.

"Nathan! Who is this girl." The guy yelled out of no where, he was definitely gay by the tone of his voice. I love gay people they're so funny, nice, and really good at makeup.

"Um hi." I said.

This was really awkward for me, really awkward..

"Hi." He replied back, "Who are you and why are calling me through Nathan's phone." I was serious but really confused.

"Adam Rippon, the more better one and I was scrolling through his phone until I saw a name that says Mia with heart eyes and a heart next to it." I blushed a little when Adam told me he put heart eyes and a heart next to my name.

I definitely knew Adam from one of my competitions, he was the sassiest skaters out there and I loved him.

"Wait your Mia Evans, the girl with the injury and the one that's golden." He replied.

I nodded my head and laughed a little, "dang Mia everyone knows you in the skating world." McKenna said from behind.

"Yeah that's me." I smiled.

"Girl you are so pretty what the fuck." He complimented. "See maybe this is why the universe chose you and Nathan together."

"Yeah Mia maybe that's why." McKenna smirked and cut me off.

"Shut up McKenna." I shook my head. "Don't mind her she's my best friend."

McKenna cut me off again in my conversation and waved at Adam, "Hi I'm McKenna, her best friend." She laughed.

"That's a pretty name." He replied back.

I went back from talking to Adam since McKenna kept cutting me off and I really hope Adam was listening. "Anyways me and Nathan aren't dating, we just met like a few days ago." I stated.

"That sucks, I thought you guys were because Nathan told me everything that you guys did before he left and let me tell you, you guys act like a couple." Great see now people assume.

"See I told you Mia!" McKenna yelled, making me fall off my bed.

"Ooo Girl are you okay there." Adam asked.

"Better than ever." I put a thumbs up.

this book keeps getting more icky but y'all love it ❤️
ily guys.

- marinel