Going back.

In my room, I but my phone back on the charger and pull out my outfit.

I pull on a nude color bra and a white tank top. Negative body image thoughts send a shiver down my back.

You're so skinny. No one will ever love you. Jack and Signe don't love you, Which I quickly try to combat, What about Tom. And Mom and Dad, NOT jack and Signe, do love me!

I stick one arm and then the other through a purple flannel and button it up. I stomp off my pajama pants and slide on a pair of ripped jeans. I grab my silver colored necklace that has my name in cursive on it and clip it behind my neck. I look up at myself in the mirror and sign before going to sit on my bed to put socks and shoes on. I tie my shoe laces tightly making sure to double knot then so they won't come untied. I go to the bathroom and finish getting ready before heading back downstairs.

I let Cooper out once more and wait for him to come back. I hear footsteps and then Mom and Dad appear.

"You ready sunshine?" Mom asks.

"Yeah, just about." I say with a smile. I let Cooper in and take him back up to my room. I return downstairs and walk with mom and dad to the car.

I slide in the back seat and before the engine purrs to life start picking at my nails. I had finally broken this life long habit but the anxiety of going back to the girls home is taking a toll on me.

"...Erin...?" Dad says, snapping my back to reality. I look quickly out the window and see that we're already out of the driveway and on the road. I look at him through the rearview mirror. "Get your fidget. Leave you're nails alone."

Right...I sigh and pull out my cube. I flip the switch back and forth before becoming frustrated and tossing it aside me on the other side of the seat.

I look down at my phone.

Tom: How does tomorrow sound? I'll come by around 7:30-8 we can go to that cute little coffee shop on the corner.

I grin widely. That sounds amazing. I quickly type back.

Me: Sure, sounds great. I'll see you then.

ahhhhhh! I'm going on a date with the hottest guy in school! He likes me!My brain momentarily forgetting my anxiety.

Tom: Great. Looking forward to seeing you.

Just then a shiver runs down my spine. I know where we are. We just turned onto the road with the girls home. I want to cry and run the other direction.

I begin to pick at my nail again without even thinking or realizing.

"Erin...tell me how you're feeling. What is it?" Mom says turning around to look at me.

"I...uh...I'm scared." I stamper, staring at the floor.

"Scared of what?" She gently pushes.

"Scared of... being alone. Staying." I say truthfully although it might seem strange.

"Well we're not going to leave you, ever. And you're not staying, you're ours now and you're going to live with us."

"I know, but I'm still anxious to get this over with and got home."

"I know. It won't take long."

We pull into the drive way. And the sight of the house, the exact same as when I left a couple years ago, sends an icy chill down my spine. I follow Mom and Dad up the path and steaks to the front door. Dad knocks and after a few second the door opens. A girl who looks about 13 is on the other side. Her blonde hair falling into her face.