Dinner Date.

The next few weeks go by ever so slowly. School is going to be out for summer in a few weeks so trying to keep my grades up while juggling that and Molly coming home and Tom is spreading me thin.

It's Saturday evening when I come down the stairs dressed and ready to go out. Tom has invited me to dinner at him house and I'm a little nervous. Although I feel totally comfortable around Tom the idea of meeting his parents, manly his dad, and his younger brother scares me. I hear the door knob being turned and then a Tom appears.

He sees me but then looks behind me, I turn and see dad standing at the stairs to his room. "Evening sir." Tom says walking over and reaching out a hand.

"Hello son." Dad says taking his hand. I step beside Tom and smile. Dad gives me a smile and nod of approval. "Ok," he says with a clap which makes me jump,"y- wow jumpy are we?" He says with a slight laugh. "Anyways, home by 10. Call if you'll be any later than that. Good?" Dad says facing Tom and standing up straight.

Tom nods," Yes sir."

"Ok, have fun." Dad says. "You look great by the way." Dad adds as we go to turn away.

"Thank you." I say smiling even wider.

"Hey, that's my line." Tom says making us all laugh.

We walk outside and down the path. It isn't a far walk but we talk the whole way. I've never been to his house so I wait for him to indicate which house is his. When he slows down at one of the pathways in front of a two story partially rock-brick house, my heart skips a beat. It's beautiful with a two car garage to the left.

"Ready?" He asks. I nod, still not convinced. He offers me his hand which I take cautiously. He brushes his thumb across my hand soothingly. I sigh as we walk up the path and the front steps.

"I'll go first." He whispers to me.

"Thank you." I say following him inside. The house his warm and smells delightful like a home cooked meal.

"Is that them?" I hear a boy say from somewhere.

"Probably, go see." A woman's voice follows and then a smaller version of Tom appears. He's not much younger, by the looks of him, maybe two or three years.

"You must be Erin." He says with a smile and then turns to Tom," really you couldn't do any better?"

WHAT THE?!?! my heart stops.

"Jackson Alexander, I could kill you right now." Tom says stepping towards the boy. I reach out and grab the back of Toms shirt to keep him from killing the smaller versus of himself.

"I'm only joking, honestly." The boy says," you're rather beautiful, if I'm allowed to say that." He spits at his brother at the end.

"Thank you." I say, I can't tell my face is bright red and my heart is racing. Tom puts an arm around me, probably sensing my distress.

Jack, Jackson, seems to lose interest in us and goes back the direction he appeared from.

"You want a minute before meeting my parents? I'm sorry about him, he promised to be polite. I.. He..." Tom says rubbing my arm. I nod slightly, not wanting to inconvenience anyone but feeling a little overwhelmed. "My rooms right this way." He says guiding me through the living room and down the hall to a door on the left.

He opens the door revealing a pretty large sized room. It's not overly decorated and is really rathe plain for a teenage boy. The walls are white with some light-brown wooden accents. There's a light brown leather armchair in the corner with a small book shelf.