Leaving without her.

I savor the moment waiting for her to ease up on her grip. After a minute she sits up and looks past me, I assume at Dad or Mom.

"Hi, Honey." Dad says soothingly, kneeling down next to us.

Molly studies him, not looking convinced of this new person. I see Bella go over and whisper something in Mom's ear, while Mom nods and looks down at the interaction. Dad goes to reach an arm out and Molly recoils, snapping her head to face the other way and forcing herself closer to me. Dad appears surprised by the sudden motion. Mom comes over and takes Dads arm ever so carefully encouraging him to stand up, which he does. She then whispers in him ear to which he nods like something now makes total sense.

I want in on the secret. I think to myself.

----------

I spend the next hour or so sitting on the floor with Molly happily sitting in my lap. We moved to a room at the other end of the home, where we were able to talk about some things more privately. Molly even had a little to say for herself even though she mostly stayed quiet the whole time.

We found out that the couple who adopted her were arrested for Driving While Intoxicated and Child endangerment, so she came to the girls home only 6 months after getting adopted. She didn't really make friends to any of the girls and really just did what she had to. But now comes the worst part of the day, even worse than being worried about her not remembering me, saying goodbye.

*See you later, not Goodbye.* I correct myself, my nose getting that funny feeling it does sometimes when I'm about to cry. I pull her in close and she knows what's happening. She desperately clutches to by sleeve.

"Molly, you have to let go." I say trying to be a kind but firms as possible, while holding back tears. I look to Mom for some help or strength, I'm not even sure what I need at this point. She just gives me an encouraging nod. I squat down in front of Molly, taking both her hands in mine. I look her straight in the eyes, her red puffy eyes with tears streaming down her cheeks once again, "Molly, look at me." I say squeezing her hands. "You'll see me again. Before you know it you'll be home with us, safe, but you have to wait a little longer. OK?"

She looks at me with the same sad look that will forever be burn into my memory of her as a scared little two year old back in England. "O...k..." She says with sad puppy dog eyes.

"I love you, you know that right?" I say choking back tears,half way through.

"I love you too." She says through sobs.

Dad comes over, wrapping an arm around me. "Come on, its time to go." I give a slight nod, swords slashing through my heart seeing Molly this distraught knowing that I have to leaver her again.

I rush over and wrap her in a tight hug. I hold my breath and bite my lip to keep from crying. I feel a hand on my shoulder and I know that its time, that we have to leave. I give Molly a quick kiss on the forehead and stand up going to join Mom by the door.

Dad is right behind me and we all go outside in silence. We make it half way down the front path before I burst into tears. Dad pulls me in close and I cry right into his shirt. Mom joins us, she gently runs her nails across my back while Dad just holds me. I just let everything come flowing out that I had bottled up.

"I know. I know." Dad says as I sobs and hiccup hysterically. "Shhhhh. Its ok, well be back and she'll be home within the month."

----------

I cry almost the whole way back to the hotel, quietly. Once we get back to the hotel I go right to "my" bed and lay down. I cried so much that I've given myself a headache.

"You gonna be alright?" Mom asks as they move through to their room. I nod, not lifting my head from the pillow. I look over at the clock on my phone and it says 6:29pm. Sigh and put my phone face down on the side table. And then immediately fall asleep. I only wake up once, and I don't even know what time it was, when Dad came in and turned off all the lights.

The next morning I woke up at 7am, wide awake. I laid in bed for the next few hours checking twitter and going over blog comments. Then just at the perfect time I get a text from Tom;

Tom: Hey, I hope it went well. I cant wait to hear from you. I'm walking around town right now, I might go by The Coffee shop and grab something and it made me think of you. IDK if you're even awake yet. But I LOVE YOU. and cant wait for you to get back.

Me: Hey Tom, It went well. I really broke down when we left (to the point of giving myself a headache) but everything seems like its going to work out.

Tom: Oh! Hey, Morning. Glad to hear that things seem to be going well. sorry about the headache thing. How are you feeling now? better??

Me: Yeah, feeling much better. You didn't by chance get my work from school did you? I know I didn't ask so don't worry about it if you didn't.

Tom: As a matter of fact,I did. And we can get together to study tomorrow when you get back if you feel up to it and Ill help you.

Me: That would be perfect. Thank you.

I say glancing across the room and my eyes settling on the room service menu. Just then Dad comes in an follows my gaze to the menu.

"Ready to start a new day?" He says with a  smile. I nod.

Tom: Alright I just got to the shop. Ill talk to ya a bit later. Have a great day.

Me: OK, you too.

Talk about perfect timing.