Heart stopper.

*High Emotion*

"Erin, Honey, can you come down please." Dad calls up the stairs. His tone makes me nervous. I slide out from my desk and grab my hoodie off my bed pulling it over my head. I pick at my nail polish and I start going down the stairs.

I find Mom and Dad at the dining room table. Mom's sitting with her knees to her chest, with a neutral look on her face. "Come and sit." She says. I go and sit between them facing an empty chair, pulling my sleeves past my hands hands.

"Ok. There's no other way to say this," Dad starts, beginning wringing his hands," our flight to America has been canceled."

My heart drops, I feel like I could be sick. No! This can't happen! No. We have to go, that flight! There's no other way! No. This can't be happening, no, no, no!

"Erin!" Mom's voice snaps me out of my internal panic to realize that my tantrum probably wasn't all internal. I'm standing with soaking wet cheeks.

Dad stands too and takes a step towards me. "No! This can't happen!" I snap, not realizing what I was doing: I'm not mad at him but at the situation.

"We'll figure this out." Dad says," she's still coming home." He reaches out and hugs me. I subconsciously fight his hug. "Erin, Erin." He says gently not loosening his grip. That was the last straw, I break down balling my eyes out. He pulls me to face him and I cry into his tee shirt.

"Wh-what are w-we going to do?" I mumble into his shirt between sobs.

"I'll figure it out. She's coming home next week. No matter what. I'll find a way. I promise, Baby girl." He says kissing the top of my head.

I cry myself out in Dads protective arms, worried and scared of not getting Molly when we planned. After about 15 minutes, my tears subside. Dad gently rubs my back.

"You ok?" He asks inquisitively. I nod a little, wiping the tears away. My cheeks feel warm and I know they're red and puffy. "Why don't you text Tom? He can come over and we'll go somewhere, we need a change of scenery." Again I just nod. I'm not tying to be rude but I just can't, I the words aren't coming to me.

Erin, say something, you're being rude.
What should I say?
I can't.
I have to.
No. Fighting with myself is stressing me out and a feel a tear fall down my cheek.

"Yeah, you go upstairs and splash some water on your face and I'll talk with Mom and I'll let you know what we can do." Dad says turning me towards the stairs.

I jog up the stair and trudge to the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror, I already knew what'd I see. My face is bright red and puffy, and my eyes are still watery. I grab a wash cloth from under the sink and douse it in cold water. Gently wiping under my eyes. My usual pale color start to return as the puffiness goes away. I'm leaning against the sink, making threats to a pimple, when the sink begins to vibrate.

It makes me jump a little, I look down to see Toms handsome face, he's calling me. I slide my finger across the screen answering it. "Hello?" I say trying not to sound like I've been crying.

"You ok?" He asks cautiously.

"Yeah," I lie, trying to act like nothing's wrong.

"No, your not. Stop trying to be so tough all the time." He says softly. I've retracted to sitting on the bathroom floor leaning against the wall, my phone balancing on my knee. When he said that I can't hold myself together any longer. Tears start rolling down my face again.

"Tomm!" I cry out through the tears. He doesn't say anything, a deafening silence fills the room. All I can hear are my own sobs and head spinning thoughts.