6

Bentley

I woke up early this morning so I could work out with Skylar and Nathan. Skylar kept challenging Nate who bet her that he could do more push-ups than her. He actually won and Skylar was so mad that she kept going until she completely collapsed from her muscles being so sore. I took the three of us out to breakfast before we went home, but before I dropped them off at home I went to the store to buy flowers, candy and a stuffed bear for Gabby.

I went into the house and my mom and dad were standing there smiling at me. I was all dressed and ready to go. Skylar and Nathan raced to the car to see who would get the front seat, and Nathan got there first. I started up the car and drove to school, dropping the twins off I rushed over to the high school to make sure I'd beat Gabby to her locker.

I was standing at her locker for five minutes before I saw her walk towards me. Smiling I couldn't wait to ask her out but I started to get nervous. She stood in front of me and smiled at me. "Hey Bentley." She said shyly.

"Gabby, there's something I have to ask you." I said confidently.

"Okay, what is it?" She asked.

"Gabby. Will you-" I started until a guy came over and kissed Gabby on her cheek.

"Hey baby, good morning." He said to her and my heart just sank. I lost my chance.

"Good morning." She smiled brightly at him, she turned to me, "Bentley this is Jack, Jack this is Bentley, Alex's best friend." She said introducing us to one another.

"Hi." Jack said to me as he shook my hand, I smiled at him and then pulled my hand away.

"Oh Bentley, you had something to ask me?" Gabby said turning her full attention to me.

"Oh, um.. can you give these to Alex..." I said handing them to her.

"Of course!" She said as she put them in her locker. She walked away with Jack as they held hands I just stood there.

I punched the locker next to Gabby's and dented it. How could I be this stupid to think my best friends sister would ever want to be with me. I felt stupid. Humiliated. Like a loser. It took everything in me to not punch Jack in the face and just kiss Gabby.

I began to walk to class and of course there sat Liv in Alex's seat until he came back. "What's wrong baby?" She asked me, I moved my chair away from her and groaned.

"I'm not in the mood Liv, leave me alone." I snapped at her.

She scoffed. "Sad that your crush has a boo now." She said and I turned to her.

"What did you just say?" I asked her.

"You heard me." She smiled at me. "Jack is my older brother." She said and I felt my muscles tense.

"You did this.." I mumbled, she nodded. "Why?" I asked.

"Because I want you Bentley, and clearly Gabby doesn't if she's with my brother." She explained, "I offered to share you but you didn't want to listen." She grinned. I couldn't contain the anger I had, Liv set me up and knew this would happen. She wrapped her arms around mine and I pushed them off me.

"Liv get away from me right now." I snapped at her. She laughed and didn't listen and kept trying to be all over me. "I said get off of me." I growled at her.

"Come on baby don't be like this, you've got me all to yourself now." She said giving me a kiss on my cheek and that's when I lost it.

"I don't fucking want you Olivia! Don't you get it. You fucked up my only chance with the girl I really liked and you think that I'll want to be with you?" I shouted in front of the whole class causing everyone to stare, even the teacher. "We will never be anything, ever!" I snapped at her as she had tears forming in her eyes. I grabbed my stuff and stormed out of the class room and got into my car.

I sat in the car for awhile before I started it and drove home. My eyes were blood shot and my cheeks were puffy from crying and becoming angry. I walked into the house and saw my mom looking at me shocked.

"Bentley what's wrong baby, what happened?" She asked me, I couldn't help the tears from flowing from my eyes.

"Mommy..." I cried running over to her hugging her. She hugged me back and held me close. She rubbed my back trying to calm me down but I couldn't. I just stood there and cried into my moms shoulder.

___

Camber

Bentley came home with bloodshot eyes and puffy cheeks and I just knew something was wrong. He ran to me crying and I felt tears form in my eyes. Seeing my baby cry broke my heart. I had him sit on the couch while I called the school telling them Bentley got sick and came home. I walked over to the couch where he sat and sat down next to him.

"What happened Ben?" I asked him. He wiped his eyes aggressively before turning to me with a quivering lip.

"I got my heart broken.." He said to me as he ran his fingers through his hair. "I was going to ask out Gabby today, that's why I went to the store and dressed up nice and left the house early. I get to school about to ask her to be my girlfriend and the guy comes over and kisses her right in front of me, and guess who it was." He said to me.

"Um..." I said thinking about it too hard.

"It was Liv's older brother Jack." He said as he clenched his fists.

"Isn't that the girl you-"

"Had sex with in the guys bathroom, yes." Bentley said interrupting me. "She planned it all just so she could have me to herself and I don't want her. I want Gabby..." He said hanging his head low. "I don't know what to do mom." He said with a sniffle.

"Baby, there are going to be people in your life that will break your heart, and yes it hurts so bad but you'll become a stronger person from it. I remember your father and I would always fight and my heart would break, you and I spent weeks away from him because of how mad I was at him. We always came back to each other because it was meant to be. Bentley, if it's meant to be then Gabby will find her way back to you and realize you've been here all along. Just be patient and wait sweetie." I told him. He cried and laid in my lap.

"It's not fair mom.." He cried, "my chest hurts so much." He continued to cry. I just let him lay on my lap and get out all the tears and anger he had.

My sons first heartbreak.

_______

who's heart also broke when bentley's did? :(

nicole xx