18

Camber

"Mr. & Mrs. Hood?" I shot up from my seat and rushed over the the doctor.

"How are they? Can we see them yet?" I asked almost every question and Calum stood there and covered my mouth so the doctor could talk.

"Your daughter wasn't hurt as bad as your son Mrs. Hood. We removed one bullet from your daughter left side and she's in her room resting right now." He said, I was nervous what he'd say about Bentley. "Your son had two bullets removed, one from his shoulder and another from his chest and he has a broken hand. We had some operating difficulties but your son is alright. I suggest letting the both of them rest, your children are in the same room, room 153." The doctor said as he left.

Everyone got up as we all headed towards the room, it was nerve wracking, I was excited to see Skylar and hold her. I also want to yell at Bentley for doing stupid things but hug him tight for protecting his sister. I opened the door and saw the two of them laying in bed sleeping. I rushed in and ran to Skylar as I laid next to her holding my precious baby girl in my arms once again. Calum walked over to Bentley and smiled.

"Mom, dad?" I heard from Bentley. Tears fell from my eyes as I walked over to him and kissed him all over his chubby face.

"Thank goodness you're alright." Calum said as he messed up Bentley's hair.

Bentley shot up in his bed as he winced in pain, Calum guided him back down to his pillow. "Where is Sky?" Bentley asked in a panic. "I saved her right? Right?" He asked.

"Yes Bentley, you saved her. She's right over there." I told him pointing to the other end of the room. I saw Bentley smile at me as tears fell from his eyes.

"I'm sorry I shot you dad." Bentley said as he put his head down.

"Wait he what?!" Michael asked shocked.

"It's okay son, I'm just glad you're okay." Calum said as he gave Bentley a kiss on the forehead.

"OK, is anyone else not freaking out that Bentley shot Calum, or is it just me?" Michael questioned and everyone laughed.

"Michael calm down, Calum is fine and it was probably an accident." Liam said trying to calm Michael down.

"It wasn't." Bentley said quietly but we all heard him.

"You are so not helping your case right now." Liam chuckled as he shook his head.

After Liam said that, the police knocked on the door and came in. "Bentley Hood." One of the officers said.

"Yeah?"

"You're under arrest for attempt in murder, aggravated assault on two police officers, destruction of public property and robbery." The officer said.

"Excuse me you can't just-" Michael tried to say but they interrupted him.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have a right to an attorney. If you can not afford an attorney one will be provided for you." The officer read him his rights and handcuffed him to his hospital bed.

"Bentley don't say a word son, we will handle this." Calum said and Bentley nodded understanding. "Officer?" Calum stooped to wait for him to say his name.

"Kole."

"Officer Kole, there has to be some mistake. My son did this stuff to get his sister our daughter back from being kidnapped." Calum tried to explain.

"Hey Calum." Ashton said quietly.

"What?"

"Shut up! You're making it worse." Ashton said as he crossed his arms.