36

Bentley

I got to the hospital and rushed inside to see doctors all over Gabby's room. I broke through some of them and saw her bleeding from her shoulder.

"What happened?!" I asked angrily.

"We don't know, it looks like she's been shot." The nurse panicked.

"How could this have happened?! There are fucking cops outside her door!" I yelled in frustration.

"Sir we don't know yet please calm down." The nurse said politely. I clenched my fists at my side and growled in frustration.

"I gave all of you fools one god damn job and you manage to fuck this whole thing up!" I heard my uncle Louis yell from outside the door.

"We were relieved of our posts detective..." One of the cops said.

"By who?" He asked angrily.

"The chief."

My eyes went wide as did Louis. Why would the chief do that when he's the one who put us all under protective custody? Something isn't making sense.

"Alright." Louis said as he grabbed me by my shirt and dragged me out of the room angrily.

"Uncle Louis let go of me!" I snapped.

"Be quiet." He snapped at me, I shut up real quick knowing when he's mad to not bother him. He dragged us into a supply closet and shut the door. "From now on you're under my protection, the police can't be trusted." He told me.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Somebody has to be working with Olivia on the inside, how else would she have know where Gabby was?" He said with a sigh. "Damn it!" He swore as he punched the wall.

"What should I do?" I asked.

"Nothing, you've gotten into enough trouble with Olivia." Louis said.

"You can't expect me to do nothing!?" I said.

"I can and you will!" He snapped at me, "I mean it Bentley Reed Hood." He said in his serious tone.

"But uncle Louis-"

"Bentley, don't make me handcuff you to our jail cell!" He said and I stopped bickering because I knew he would do that.

"Fine.." I finally gave as I bowed my head.

"This is for your own good and protection." He said patting me on my back. I gave him a fake smile as he left to go call my mom and dad. I had to do something or else my child and Gabby will be in danger forever.

My phone rang and the number was unknown, but I knew exactly who it was. "Hey baby." I heard her voice.

"Olivia enough games!" I snapped, "Stay away from Gabby and my child or I swear-"

"Now why would I hurt my niece?" She asked. "I just wanted to scare Gabby a little is all." She laughed.

"Olivia this isn't funny, what the hell do you want?" I asked angrily.

"Oh you know what I want." She said seductively.

"Well that's not going to happen." I shot back.

"Hmm." She hummed, "How about a trade?" She asked.

"What kind of trade?"

"I'll let Gabby keep your precious babygirl, only if you take her place and be mine forever." She said with a evil laugh.

I sighed but had no other choice, "Done." I agreed.

"Just to make sure I can trust you, come meet me at your house." She said as she hung up the phone.

I had to get away from Louis in order to save my babygirl and Gabby. I knew I could only ask one person to help me.

I dialed the number and waited for an answer.

"Hello?"

"Alex, I need your help man."

"What is it, is Gabby okay?!"

"She's fine," I lied, "I'm coming over your house right now, I have a plan to get rid of Olivia once and for all." I said.

____________

this is short i'm sorry i've been busy with school but now i'm out for summer yay!

nicole xx