22

Camber

My son has runaway, what have I done wrong? I held the note Bentley wrote us tightly in my hand and let a few tears fall from my eyes. The part that hurts me most is that he thinks we don't want him around because he's not perfect, but he's perfect to me, that's my son, my baby.

"Camber, he's alright. I promise." Calum told me as he held my hand.

"He's not alright Calum, do you see everything that he's been through recently? He's been in trouble too many times to count, he almost got thrown in jail, his sister was kidnapped, his girlfriend was raped, he shot you, and now this?!" I explained to him and he only sighed. "I can't help my baby if he won't talk to me. I have failed as a mother." I whimpered as Calum looked at me.

"No you did not fail as a mother!" He snapped at me causing me to jump, "look at the three beautiful kids we created and how we raised them. They are perfect because of you because it certainly wasn't me." He said looking down as he rubbed his thumb over mine.

"But-"

"You raised Bentley for three years on your own Cam, without me. You did not fail as a mother, I failed as a father." He said with a sad sigh.

"Let's not play the blame game right now, we need to call him and make sure he's okay." I said to him as I pulled out my phone and called him.

A few seconds later he picked up, "Mom." He said, I began to form tears when I heard his voice.

"Oh my baby, are you okay?!" I asked panicking which only caused Bentley to laugh.

"Mom I told you in the note that I was alright, don't freak out." He said trying to get me to remain calm.

"How am I suppose to not freak out when my son just ran away from home?" I asked him and he was quiet. "Why didn't you come to me Bentley?" I asked him.

"Because I didn't want to bother you mom." He said with a sigh, "I want to be able to solve whatever this is by myself."

"But you don't have to do this alone Ben, we are here for you, you know this." I said to him.

"I do know mom." He said softly. "I got to go, I'll call in the morning." He said and before I could get a word in he hung up saying "I love you" and that was it.

"He's alright baby, I promise." Calum said once again as I walked away and went to our room laying down on our bed and began to let the tears fall from my eyes.

_____

Bentley

Talking to my mom on the phone was the hardest thing to do since I couldn't tell her what was wrong with me or where I am. I could hear the sadness in her voice when she spoke to me and it made me tear up.

"You alright kid?" Liam asked me and I nodded my head.

My phone began to ring and it was Nathan FaceTiming me. I answered and he looked mad. "What bro?"

"You've got some nerve leaving the house without telling mom. She's crushed and it's all your fault!" He snapped at me.

"Shut up Nathan, you have no idea what I'm going through so just be quiet and leave me alone." I snapped back at him.

"I do know what you're going through bro, you're hurting bad right now and I can see it." He said which shocked me, "What happened with Sky and Gabby, having to shoot dad to save Sky, almost getting arrested. I get it, you've been through a lot but that doesn't mean you have to put us, your family, through it too." He said.

"I-"

"And don't worry, I won't tell mom and dad you're with uncle Liam." He smiled at me.

"How did you-"

"I tracked your phone." He laughed as I rolled my eyes. "Just come home soon and we can all figure this out as a family." He said before he hung up on me.

As soon as he hung up Skylar called me and I answered, "You want to yell at me too?" I asked her and she looked like she'd been crying.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry, I didn't mean what I said Ben, you're the best big brother ever and I wouldn't trade you for anything!" She said as tears fell from her eyes.

"I'm sorry too..." I said with a sniffle. Before anything else was said my phone died and ended the chat. I laid it down next to me and sighed.

"I think you should call it a night kiddo." Liam said as he ran his fingers through his hair. "I'll see you in the morning." He said standing up and leaving my room. I grabbed my charger out of my bag and plugged it into the wall and started to charge my phone.

I stared up at the dark ceiling as I lied awake unable to sleep. I was thinking about Gabby and how this pregnancy isn't going to be easy but I want to be here for her and the baby. I thought about what happened to Skylar and all the things I sacrificed to save her, even if it costed me my own life. I've been going through different phases and none of them were good. My mom raised me for three years and then I met my dad and my whole world changed, for the better. Thinking back to when I was a kid before Nate and Sky were born, I had it all. I was a good kid and never did anything bad, so what happened to me to cause this?

My parents raised me perfectly and yet here I am acting out. I want to know why I'm like this, why I'm reckless and it's not because I'm a teenager it has to be something else I can feel it. Why can't I just be good?

______

team bad boy ben or good boy ben??
i can't choose!!!! :D

nicole xx