01

* * *

* * *

Hattie groggily awoke one morning during the summer holidays to shouting from the kitchen downstairs. She groaned pressing her pillow to her face as the sun poured through the slit in the curtains lighting up her bedroom much to her dismay. The shouts were those of her father, Sirius Black and his best friend, James Potter who was arguing over who was better at cooking bacon. It was very common for them to bicker over the slightest of things but the second anyone else disagrees with one of them the other one is defending them like no tomorrow.

It was times like this that Hattie wished she stayed at her mother's house more often, but then again, that was much worse. Her mother's current boyfriend, Todd ("the massive pillock"), was a muscle-y man who did nothing but watch what he ate, mainly spinach and other healthy crap that he tried to force Hattie into, as well as trying to get her to turn vegan and go to the gym. The girl was too lazy for that and she wouldn't be able to go without bacon.

So, instead, Hattie chose to live with her father, his three best friends, James, Remus and Peter, James' wife, Lily, and her godbrother, Harry. Not that was much better. It was so hectic and she never got the peace she wanted, especially as they included the Weasley Family as their extended family, who stayed around their house most of the holiday or the other way around. Plus, her cousin, Nymphadora or as she went under, Tonks, was around as well. It was a madhouse!

Hattie knew she wouldn't be able to get back to sleep and begrudgingly got up and got dressed before going downstairs to the kitchen/dining room. "Good morning, sweetheart." Lily greeted smiling at her.

"Morning." She muttered and slumped at the table beside Harry who looked as if he had been pulled through a hedge and back again multiple times from the state of his hair. It was messy enough when he brushed it let alone when he hadn't, which from the looks of it, he hadn't. You'd think that being as his grandfather created sleek-easy hair potion to tame the messiest of hair he would use it. But he didn't.

Her father and James were still arguing over who cooked bacon better not noticing that Remus was actually cooking along with Lily whilst Peter read the paper at the table. Hattie held her head in her hands as the bickering continued thankful when Lily smacked the up the back of the heads with a tea towel, shutting them up. "the Weasleys and Tonks are coming and staying for the rest of the holidays." Stated Peter glancing at his watch, "they said they'll be here around ten."

Hattie's head dropped from her hands, onto the table where she shut her eyes tightly. That would mean she would be sharing with Ginny and no doubt Hermione would be staying at some point too, another guest in her bedroom. Hattie liked being able to escape to her bedroom but she would be unable to with them all staying there, that also meant her night time activities would be harder to fulfil.

She liked stargazing, sneaking out into the front garden every night to lay down on the grass and star up at the sky, wishing she was able to leave the world, to be able to dance within the stars in a better place, rather than being stuck on awful earth with awful people, who do awful things and a ton of awful crap. "Are you okay?" Remus asked placing a plate of breakfast in front of her, his hand on her back causing her to look up. She nodded, not being able to muster the words 'I'm fine' when she really wasn't. "Well, eat up then. This is the last meal you won't have to fight over for food!" He jested, the girl giving him a small, fake, smile in return.

Hattie slowly picked up her bacon sandwich, taking small nibbles from it, trying to swallow it. She had managed to skip all of yesterdays meals, pretending to be out with a muggle friend from the nearby village, them both 'going and spending the day in town', claiming she would eat out that day. She didn't. Instead, she hid in a field a few miles away from the house doing nothing. She sat in tree letting her legs dangle, wondering what it would be like if she jumped and purposely landed on her head, snapping her neck? Wondering if anyone would miss her. She doubted it.

It took a lot for her to eat at least one half of the sandwich and then it was enough. She gave the other half to Harry who grinned taking it from her and devouring it quickly. She excused herself and made her way to the bathroom, locking the door and making sure that there was some air freshener handy. Sticking two fingers down her throat, the girl made herself throw up all that she had just eaten. She wiped her mouth with some toilet paper before flushing it all away and spraying the air so that it didn't smell of vomit.

After washing her hands and brushing her teeth she returned downstairs and entered the living room and chose a book from the shelf before curling up in an armchair in the corner of the room. Ignoring the world around her. She didn't even hear the guests arriving a couple of hours later, instead, she continued to stay out of the way.

Hattie could hear their laughter and their voices talking about all manner of different subjects. Harry and Ron had left to go to Harry's room. Ginny was with Tonks, Bill and Charlie who had managed to get the last three weeks of the summer holidays off of work, both of them working in different countries. the adults were talking amongst themselves and it really did go to show that they didn't need Hattie. They were fine on their own; without her.