49

* * *

* * *

"Can Gilbert come with us to England?" Hattie asked Charlie as the man helped her pack her trunk.

Charlie, who would rather avoid the subject of Hattie returning home whilst he would only be dropping her off instead of staying with her, stayed silent.

"Charlie?"

He remained silent, biting his lip.

"Charlie, why are you so quiet? Did I do something wrong?"

He shook his head and Hattie stopped packing. She stood right in front of him and hugged him. "You know I'm only dropping you off, right? I'm coming straight back here."

"Why? Why can't you stay for the night?" Hattie asked.

"I have to come back to work, baby girl." Charlie muttered kissing her head, "darling, I'll be back in August."

"But it's June!" She whined, "that's two whole months!"

Charlie sighed, "I know, I know. You'll be okay though, darling." He kissed her head again and finished packing Hattie's trunk. "Is everything in here?" Hattie nodded. "Right, Gil said he'll come over and see us off."

* * *

To say that Hattie was not as bright and happy as she was in Romania was an understatement. She spent the majority of the day in her room reading or sleeping and put up a storm when it came for going to therapy. She didn't want to and it took all of Remus' persuasion to get her to go.

Some of the adults were close to giving up but they did push through and kept helping Hattie. She had reduced what she was eating once again and they got so worried to the point that Sirius stayed in her room each night to make sure she didn't do anything during the night.

Remus sat out with her when she star gazed, everyone else joined them some nights. She stayed much quieter too. They knew it was because Charlie wasn't here but they didn't mention anything to the man because he would worry even more.

It was late July now. Harry, Ron, Ginny and the twins were back from school telling all about what had happened since Hattie had left and how much Seamus missed her. Hattie just nodded her head nonchalantly not really listening. Yes, she missed Seamus, but he wasn't Charlie.

Seamus was set to visit that day. Yet Hattie stayed in her room all morning. Everyone believed she was just spending time getting ready when actually she was still in bed - asleep.

When the boy arrived with Dean, who was going to hang out with everyone else giving the couple some time to themselves, Hattie still hadn't come down.

"Just head on up, mate," said Peter and Seamus did so.

The Irish lad slowly made his way up the stairs, he hadn't seen Hattie is months and couldn't wait to see her. His hands clammed up and he roughly rubbed them against his jeans as he approached her bedroom door.

Knocking he waited for a response but he didn't receive one. He gently pushed open the door and found her fast asleep, cuddled up with her blankets. He smiled lightly and shut the door behind him, creeping closer to the bed.

"Hattie?" He whispered.

The girl mumbled and rolled onto her side. He kicked off his shoes pushing back the covers and slipped into the bed beside his girlfriend. He carefully placed his arm around he waist and upon his touch, Hattie's eyes fluttered open.

"Seamus?" She questioned, her eyes barely open.

He hummed in response grinning, "I've missed yi."

"I've missed you too, Seamus," she told the truth, nestling her head into his chest. Seamus's hands rubbed her waist softly as the cuddled up beside each other. "How have you been?"

"I've been good, just waiting for my results and counting down the days until I saw yi." He told her poking her nose.

Hattie giggled and pressed her lips to his for a tender kiss; soft and short. After they pulled back Seamus pulled her closer bringing her to sit on his lap, the duvet still covering them both.

"Thank you very much for the dragon tooth necklace, Hattie, I love it." He told her.

Hattie smiled, an act she hadn't done much of since Charlie brought her home from Romania. "You're welcome, did you like the scale too? That is one of Winnie's, she's a Welsh green and very cute."

"Did yi just call a dragon cute?"

"She is! She's beautiful like Jojeen too! He's also a Welsh green, I have one of his scales. The first one he shedded by me!..." Seamus listened quietly as Hattie told him all about Romania. He enjoyed listening to all of the fun she got up and how much that Charlie had helped her.

Seamus' fingers played with her raven curls as she continued to talk, trailing off at the end when she didn't know what else to say. Seamus chuckled, "it sounds like yi had a blast, I mean other than our exams I had a gooden too. Fred and George went out with a bang and oh my Lordy, it was brilliant! I wish yi could have seen it."

"It would have been good too have seen it, having the twins around was fun for the last few weeks."

"I don't doubt that, Hat, now why are yi still curled up in bed? Are yi sure yi are alright?"

Hattie sighed, "I was just tired, Seamus, that's all."

"Okay, I won't press it. Now, what do yi want to do?" He asked her brushing her hair back.

"Can we just cuddle? Maybe play some cards?"

"Of course, Hattie, anything yi want."