38

* * *

* * *

That evening Hattie convinced Madam Pomfrey to send everyone back to their own lives and that she was perfectly fine and does not need anyone to stay with her at night. Despite his protests, Charlie respected Hattie's wishes, he gave her a kiss on the head and wished her goodbye as he was returning to Romania.

Hattie clutched onto Charlie and didn't want to let go. She wished she could go with him but at the same time, she didn't want anyone stressing too much over her. This time she was sure that she would not relapse. No matter how hard it will be, she will make sure she pushes through it.

Sirius poked his head in and said goodbye but Hattie didn't even give him the time of day or spare him a glance. Sighing, he left with everyone and all of the 'children' went back to their common room.

Professor McGonagall had gotten some of Hattie's belongings by asking a house elf to get them, including her two-way diary. Immediately, Hattie wrote to Charlie explaining what she had done that evening so far, including what she had eaten. Madam Pomfrey had also given her a normal diary so that she could not down what she had eaten and get whoever saw her eat it to sign so that they knew she was eating well or well enough for Hattie's state.

Hattie played some muggle card games by herself later on in the evening, including patience as the door to the hospital wing opened. She expected it to be a crying student who was either hurt or sick but no. It was neither.

"Evenin', beautiful."

Hattie's head shot up and saw Dallin standing at the foot of her bed. He had a wide smirk on his lips and in his hand, he held the necklace that he had given to her in the summer holidays.

Hattie's eyes widened and she edged back on the bed so that her back hit the headboard.

"Don't be scared, Hattie, I've come to visit you because no one would let me in before. You're my girlfriend and you tried to kill yourself, why? I thought I was helping you get better." He stepped closer to her and sat beside her, his hand resting on her thigh.

Hatti stiffened under his touch, "No," she whimpered, shaking her head.

"No, what?" Dallin asked and his hand edged further up her thigh.

Hattie shook her head again, "I don't want this. I don't want dirty things."

Dallin chuckled deeply, "I think you do, you love me, I know you do. Hattie, why did you take this off?" He held up the necklace.

"I don't want it!" She repeated, pushing his hand off of her thigh.

Dallin leaned forward, "You ungrateful bitch!" He spat and pushed his other hand onto her neck, the hand holding the necklace that was, the charm digging into the skin of her neck. "I gave this to you! I wanted you from the moment I saw you looking in the shop window! I have been helping you get better! And this is how you repay me?! Harriet, if you love me you would repay me nicely and not be a bitch!"