34

* * *

* * *

After finishing up with Norbert the dragon, Charlie returned home and collapsed on the sofa to relax. However, his relaxation was short lived when he saw the diary light up on the coffee table. He scrambled to pick it up and opened it immediately.

Goodbye

"NO! NO! NO!" He exclaimed in horror clutching the diary to his chest. he tore his wand from his pocket and thought of the happiest moment in his life, becoming a fully qualified dragon tamer, and bellowed, "Expecto Patronum! Mum, get everyone to Hogwarts! It's Hattie! She's going to do something stupid!" He let his Patronus leave his sight and quickly disapparated without telling anyone he was leaving Romania.

He landed in Hogsmeade and rushed up to the castle he hadn't been to since he left the school halfway through his seventh year. By the time he reached the castle his whole family was there arguing with some woman in pink, Delores Umbridge, about being let in.

Charlie pushed passed the woman, knocking her to the floor which she let a shrill scream out at and he used a charm to force the doors open. Charlie stormed down the halls shouting Hattie's name, fearful that it was too late when he was stopped by a boy in Slytherin robes, his head held high and his jaw clenched.

"What do you want with my girlfriend, old man?" The boy spat, standing in front of Charlie.

Charlie looked him up and down, "So you're Dallin, tell me where she is!" he sneered stepping closer and backing Dallin into the wall.

"The last I saw her, she went to get an early night, not that it's any of your business. She's my girlfriend, you're just some pervert probably related to the Weasles!"

Charlie snapped, he roughly sent Dallin flying back with a jinx and continued down the hall calling out Hattie's name once more!

A blonde boy in Gryffindor robes and a camera in hand stepped out from behind a corner and told Charlie, "She was heading off to the astronomy tower only minutes ago!" He told Charlie and snapped a picture of the man excitedly.

Charlie didn't need to hear any more. He spun on his heels and hurried out towards the astronomy tower, praying that his nightmare would not come true. He was glad that he had kept fit and healthy as he climbed the many, many stairs of the tower until he reached the top.

There she was.

Hattie was stood on the ledge, holding the railing just like she was in his dream, her hair flowing in the light breeze and her breath forming clouds in front of her as the temperature dropped due to night falling upon them.

"Baby girl..." He said quietly trying not to startle her. Hattie's head snapped around to see him before returning to looking out into the distance and seeing the silhouettes of the forest and mountains and the sky glittered with stars. "Look at me, Hattie, you don't need to do this. There are other ways to help you."