24

* * *

* * *

In the Slytherin common room, Henry and Robbie had gone to bed and that is exactly where Hattie wanted to go but Dallin insisted she stayed up with him for a little bit. The girl sat curled p at the end of one of the black leather sofas the cuffs of her sleeves balled up in her fist to keep her arms covered as she had her knees pressed to her chest. 

Dallin sat with his legs crossed and his head propped up against his hand on the arm of the sofa, watching Hattie as she stared intently at the fire which flickered and crackled in the empty room. "Why'd you do it?" He asked her breaking the silence.

Hattie's eyes shot up and looked at him, "What?"

"Why'd you, you know?" He nodded at her arms.

Looking down she fiddled with her sleeves more. "It feels nice," Hattie replied.

Dallin scooted closer to her and took her hands in his. Prying the fabric from her grip he slowly pulled the sleeves back so all of her arms were on show. "It may feel nice but it isn't, Hattie. You need to stop."

"I can't... I've tried."

Dallin scooped the girl up into his arms and sat her on his lap.  Hattie rested against him as he slithered his arms around her waist and rocked her slightly. "Then I'll help you, two heads are better than one, beautiful." He pressed a kiss to her cheek leaving behind a rosy flush.

For some odd reason, the feeling that Dallin gave her when he held her and kissed her cheek was one that filled her with a whirling feeling that was sort of indescribable. She buried herself closer to him, wrapping her arms around his shoulders and resting her head on his shoulder. "Thank you." She mumbled.

"Anytime, gorgeous." He smiled and rubbing the small of her back.

* * *

Sitting up in bed, Hattie spied the book Charlie had given her sat on her bedside on top of Peter Pan. She took it into her hands, used a spell to close the curtains around her bed and whispered "Lumos" and lit up her wand.

Hattie opened up the front cover and found that the first page had Charlie's handwriting scrawled across it.

[if you can't read it. I have replied to a comment with the messages x]

𝐻𝒶𝓉𝓉𝒾𝑒,

𝐼 𝒽𝑜𝓅𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝒹 𝒹𝒶𝓎 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒻𝑒𝑒𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃. 𝐼'𝓂 𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝒾𝓃 𝑅𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃𝒾𝒶 𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒽𝒶𝒹 𝒶 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝓇𝑜𝓎𝒶𝓁 𝑔𝓇𝑒𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝒩𝑜𝓇𝒷𝑒𝓇𝓉, 𝐼 𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶 𝑔𝒾𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒽𝑜𝓁𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉. 𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓀𝓈, 𝒩𝑜𝓇𝒷𝑒𝓇𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝑜𝓁' 𝓅𝒶𝓁.

𝒜𝓃𝓎𝓌𝒶𝓎, 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒹𝑜𝑒𝓈𝓃'𝓉 𝓂𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝐼 𝓌𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓂 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒸𝒶𝓈𝓉𝓁𝑒 𝒾𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓃𝑒𝑒𝒹 𝓂𝑒. 𝒾𝒻 𝒾𝓉 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓈 𝓉𝑜 𝒾𝓉 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓀 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓈𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝒷𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓀 𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝓇𝑜𝑜𝓂, 𝐼 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝒸𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑜 𝓈𝑒𝑒𝓈 𝓂𝑒, 𝒾𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓃𝑒𝑒𝒹 𝓂𝑒 𝐼'𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒. 𝐼 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒.

𝐼𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃 𝓊𝓇𝑔𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒸𝓊𝓉, 𝐻𝒶𝓉, 𝒽𝑒𝓍 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝑜𝓅𝓁𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝒽𝓊𝓇𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓈𝑒𝓁𝒻, 𝑀𝒶𝓁𝒻𝑜𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝑒𝓂𝓈 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝒶 𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓊𝓈𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝑔𝒾𝓉 𝓌𝒽𝑜 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒𝓈 𝒶 𝒻𝑒𝓌 𝒽𝑒𝓍𝑒𝓈. 𝒪𝓇 𝑅𝑜𝓃, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓃𝑒𝑒𝒹 𝒶𝓃 𝑒𝓍𝒸𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒽𝑒𝓍 𝒽𝒾𝓂, 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒽𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓉.

𝐵𝓊𝓉 𝒾𝓃 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓈𝑒𝓇𝒾𝑜𝓊𝓈𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈, 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝑔𝒾𝓇𝓁, 𝓅𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝓉𝓇𝓎 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓈𝑒𝓁𝒻, 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉'𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓁𝓁 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒷𝑒 𝒶𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓅 𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓉𝓇𝓎.

𝒥𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝐼 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓃𝑒𝑒𝒹 𝓂𝑒. 𝐻𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝓊𝓃 𝒾𝓃 𝓈𝒸𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓁.

-𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓁𝒾𝑒 𝓍𝓍

Looking down at the writing on the page, Hattie couldn't help but tear up. She read every word and heard Charlie's voice as if he was whispering it in her ears right beside her. The girl longed for Charlie to be sat next to her with now, she needed him.

Charlie is the only one that makes her feel better, even Dallin, who was so lovely and kind towards her, could never be like Charlie. Charlie made her feel happy like she was wanted whereas Dallin made her feel special but in a different way.

She liked Dallin, of course, she did. What's not to like about him?

But Charlie was who she needed in that moment, who she will always need and being apart from him was awful. She couldn't sneak out of her bed and cuddle up to him when she can't sleep or sit with him and watch the stars.

He wasn't there to call her baby girl and look after her and make sure she felt okay. Okay is all he cared about. As long as she felt okay that was good enough for him. It meant she was progressing, one step at a time.

Taking some ink and a quill Hattie turned the next page and scribbled:

𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓵𝓲𝓮,

𝓘 𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓼 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓭𝔂.

𝓘𝓽'𝓼 𝓫𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓸𝓴𝓪𝔂.

𝓘 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓽𝓸𝓸.

𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓬𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓫𝓮 𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓪𝓽 𝓱𝓸𝓶𝓮.

-𝓗𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓮 𝔁

She quickly shut the book and put it and the ink, wand and quill on her bedside table, shutting the same gap in the curtain before sinking down into her covers. Her tears spilt over her cheeks, dripping off of the bottom of her chin and splashing onto her shirt which belonged to her father when he was younger. It had the faded smell of his aftershave and the writing on the front was faded also. 'Guns N Roses' it should say but the letters are hard to make out. She didn't care though. It was comfortable and reached her knobbly knees.

She missed Charlie so badly and it hadn't even been twenty-four hours yet.  How was she going to cope with months without him at a time?

She managed without him before, but that was also before he found out about her and now he was all she needed to stay grounded.

Both literally and metaphorically.

A/n-

This is short. I'm sorry.

However, thank you for your patience whilst I revised and took my exams.