41

* * *

* * *

A few weeks later and Hattie had grown bored. She missed talking to Seamus in the mornings and afternoons. She missed Charlie and how he would cuddle her, read with her and stargaze with her.

She was pretty sure the adults were bored too. They were going to and from work each day, except for Remus, he still struggled to get a job.  However, today was different, they all seemed to have left earlier and quieter than usual.

Also, despite feeling like he was living off of his friends, the others reassured Remus that it was okay, after all he was looking after Hattie each day. He would make sure she ate, played chess with her and even read with her. He attended each counselling and appointment she and as well. But even he was bored.

"Uncle Moony, would it kill you to just apostate with me to Romania to see Charlie and the dragons?" Hattie sighed one afternoon as she laid spread out across the sofa flicking her nails clad in a loose pink top that fell off her shoulders and some pyjama shorts because she couldn't be bothered to get dressed.

"Hattie," he sighed, turning the page of the newspaper he was reading, "you know I can't. You need to be here."

Hattie groaned, "I hate this! I hate it so much! I just want to do something. I'm so bored! Death seems more fun than this!"

Remus' head shot up and Hattie squeaked.

"You haven't relapsed have you?"

Hattie shook her head. "No, that came out wrong but right at the same time! Like, I'm so boreeeeeddddd!"

Remus rolled his eyes, flicking them to his watch and abruptly left the room. Hattie sighed and rolled over, falling off of the sofa onto the carpet and staying in place.

The front door opened as it was about the time everyone returned home from work, Molly and Arthur joining them too. Hattie didn't bat an eyelash, instead she stayed on the carpet and ran her dainty fingers across it.

She could hear the hushed whispers of her family from the hallway and the living room door open again after Remus had shut it.

"Wow, someone needs to clean their fingers nails! They're bloody disgusting!"

Hattie's head spun around quickly and her eyes met the family brown ones. The man stood with his arms open ready for a hug and a smirk on his lips at the sight of the girl who was slowly being nursed back to her original self.

"Charlie!" She exclaimed and leaned up falling into his arms. She wrapped her legs around his waist and buried her head into his shoulders, tears falling from her eyes and onto his shirt.

Charlie chuckled, an arm going beneath her to support her and the other resting on her back. "Why are you crying? Don't cry, baby girl." He hushed into her ears.