54

* * *

* * *

Hattie knew that her uncle James had lost sight of her. However, that didn't stop her nimble legs from continuing to run. Many patients, visitors and healers gave her deranged looks, some tried to stop her from running but she pushed them away with all of her might. She pressed on, rounding different corners, running and jumping down stairs, gliding round corners until she bumped into someone.

She tried pushing them off but they would not let go of her. "Get off!" She cried, pushing onto their chest. Their grip tightened as they tried to calm her down.

"Hattie, shush, calm down, it's me," they said, and upon hearing their voice she looked up.

His soft hands ran through her hair and down her back rubbing it. "You love me? Don't you?"

"Of course, I've told you so many times," he told her as she stopped trying to resist his hold.

Her eyes stared up at his, "then help me. Help me be free from everything. You promised you would. Now please help me."

He blinked slowly and inhaled a deep breath, "I did promise, didn't I?"

"Yes, you did. You weren't the only one. But right now you're the only one I want to help me." She told him, her voice wavering.

He pulled away from the girl and held out his hand for her to take hold. "Then come on, Hattie, I'll help you be free." She took his hand and looked over her shoulder to see if James was behind her; he wasn't. She let him guide her down the rest of the floors of the hospital and to a fireplace where he took some floor powder in his hand. He spoke clearly their destination whilst holding onto Hattie's hand tightly. He dropped the powder from his hand and it fluttered to the ground gracefully, igniting into bright green flames, engulfing the pair and whisking them away from St. Mungo's hospital.

They arrived at the house. He led her out of the fire place gently dusting off the soot from the hospital gown. He looked her up and down, brushing the hair from her face. "Let's get you changed out of that gown."

Hattie nodded and followed him up to his bedroom where he rifled through his drawers to find some old clothes that still would swarm her, but her own clothes did that currently, and handed it to her.

"Do you want to shower?"

Hattie nodded.

He took her to the bathroom and left her there whilst sitting outside to make sure she didn't do anything. For Hattie, the shower was quicker than usual and once she got dressed into his clothes she stepped out. Her hair was wet but she didn't care. He took her hand and led her back to his room where they sat on his bed.

"One more thing," he said and leaned over to his bedside table. He held up what he had picked up and raised his eyebrows.

Hattie nodded her head and lifted her hair up out of the way. He carefully placed the necklace around her neck, clasping it shut.

"I love you, Hattie."

"I love you too, Dallin."

* * *

"What do you mean she is gone?!?" Bellowed Sirius towards James who came back stressed, tugging on his hair and worried.

"I got blocked by healers and then she had disappeared, I've searched and searched. She's not here!"

Lily let out a gasp, "where could she have gone?" She asked, looking out the window onto the street of muggle London.

"Charlie?" Suggested Harry.

"And how'd you suppose she got there?" Asked his father. Harry shrugged.

"Seamus'?"

"I'll ask the same question, Wormtail."

The group sighed. Sirius punched the wall. His daughter was missing. His suicidal daughter- missing.

If things were not bad enough originally. They were now a hundred times worse.

Instantly, Doctor Mosby alerted the rest of the hospital who searched for the girl as well.

"I saw her running," Said a patient.

"It's like she's vanished. Poof!" Said another.

Nobody had seen her disappear or leave. This caused even more pain in Sirius' and the others' hearts. They didn't know what to do.

She was gone.

Professor Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall were quick on the scene and the woman, for the first time, cried in front of her former pupils and Harry. Peter wrapped his arms around Minerva bringing her into a hug. Hattie is her goddaughter after all, she hated to see her in pain and now she was gone, Minerva wasn't sure how long she would last before keeling over and dying herself.

Professor Dumbledore looked saddened, with all that was happening with Hattie not even he had all of the hope he once had. "She's still under 17," he said calmly, "she will still have the trace on her."

"What use is that if she's dead?" Cried Sirius. "She wants to kill herself! What use is the trace if she goes through with it. All we will find is her body. Not Hattie. Her body!"

"Don't talk like that," muttered Harry, clutching onto his mother who held him tightly, James had his arms around them both. "We'll find her, Uncle Padfoot, we will, and she'll be alive."

Dumbledore agreed with Harry, "we'll get onto tracing her straight away. I'll also contact Molly, they'll be aware. I think it's best we do not contact Charlie. If she is with him, he will alert us out of confusion. For now, we will search the country for her."

"Yes because we can search the entire country, can't we?" Sirius spat, "we maybe witches and wizards but we aren't that great!"

"Sirius, we'll find her." Dumbledore Stated.

"And what if we don't?"

"Don't talk like that, we will find her. Even if I have to scour the country on foot. I will. That child is my main priority right now."

"I hope you're right."