28

* * *

* * *

"Hattie c'mon! Wake up, Hattie!"

The girl felt a rough but soft hand on her shoulders, one caressing her cheek gently aiding her to wake up. Her eyes fluttered open slowly and the took their time to adjust to the harsh, bright lighting in the room.

At first, she had forgotten where she was but she soon remembered that she was in the third cubicle of Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. She didn't move and let her eyes wander over the figure crouching above her, with their hands on her.

"Thank goodness," they breathed out a sigh of relief, a shaky one nonetheless, "I thought I lost you." The boy buried his head in the crook of her neck, and gently wrapped his arms around her, partially limp, body.

"Ch-Charlie?" She asked weakly, "When did you get here? How did you find me?"

He pulled away from her and his eyes met hers, searching for the twinkle that had been dormant for a while now. That same twinkle that reminded him of the stars in the night sky that Hattie loved to watch for hours on end.

"I'm always here, Hattie." He told her, "I'd never leave you, baby girl."

The corner of Hattie's lips twitched as her heart thumped ten to the dozen. She really needed Charlie with her at Hogwarts. However, as she went to raise her bloody arms to hug the man she noticed his touch starting to soften and fade away. She watched as the brightness of his fiery hair because paler and his grin started to disappear.

"Write to me, Hattie. I may not be here physically but I am always with you." His voice left her like he did, leaving her alone in the bathroom once more.

I need you, Charlie...

Cringing at the blood-soaked clothes that clung to her body, Hattie pushed herself up with all of the might she could muster but the loss of blood had affected her strength. Hattie managed to pull up her trousers and drag herself onto her feet and use a spell to clear the mess and blood from her clothes.

She stumbled out of the cubicle not giving Myrtle a second glance as the ghost wallowed in self-pity about being dead.

Some people want to be in your position. 

Hattie rolled her eyes at the (in her eyes) selfish ghost and stumbled out of the bathroom clinging to the walls. She managed, somehow, to get back to the dungeons and into the common room. However, she didn't go unnoticed. 

Upon entering the black and green room, Henry, Robbie and Dallin relaxed by the fire, the former leaping up t the sight of the young girl.

"You never guess what, Hattie! Poter and those pesky twins are banned from quidditch for life!" Exclaimed Henry, punching the air in triumph. "Doubt Potter's dad'll be too pleased, Lucius Malfoy will be over the moon though!"

Hattie wasn't in any state to comment or even glare at him, instead she tripped towards the sofa and gripped the furniture tightly. "Hattie?" Asked Robbie in concern. "What's wrong?"

Dallin pushed past the two boys and wrapped his arm around Hattie guiding her to sit down. "No, no, no," She shook her head, "I just want t get some sleep."

Dallin didn't care, she looked far paler than usual and in pain. He could only think of the worst.

"Boys, can you give me and Hattie a moment?" He turned to Henry and Robbie who watched the girl lean against Dallin as if she was about to pass out. "Now!" The two exited the common room, heading up to their dormitory sparing glances at the girl after every four steps.

Once alone, Dallin pushed up at Hattie's sleeves revealing her fresh cuts and dried blood. "Hattie, no!" He sighed and watched as the girl burst into tears. "Whatever caused you to cut again, was not worth it, Hattie. Don't do this to yourself. You're beautiful and I don't want these tarnishing that."

Hattie couldn't speak a lump clogged her throat and she fell into Dallin's chest. "Hattie listened to me, I want you to come to me when you have the urge, I will fix you. I will make you my perfect girl once more." He smiled down at her, pressing a soft kiss to her lips which were soaked with tears but he didn't care.

"C-can I go to bed now?" She stuttered, wiping her eyes.

"Of course, get some rest, and no cutting, no throwing up. I'll know if you do, Harriet." Said Dallin his voice stern and his hand holding her forearm tightly, "I know everything."

Too weak to really process what he had said, Hattie simply nodded and trudged to the stairs, hauling herself up to her dormitory. She quickly changed into her pyjamas and laid down on her bed, clutching Peter Pan and her two-way diary into her chest.

"I need fixing." She stated. "But I don't want to be fixed. I can't be fixed. I need Charlie. I want Charlie. But I can't have Charlie. I have Dallin. I want Dallin. I need Dallin... Dallin is all I need."

She threw the diary into her open trunk and turned back to the Peter Pan book in her grasp.

"I am Wendy. I need an escape from reality. Dallin is Peter. Dallin is my way to an escape and Neverland is my home. I don't need anyone but Dallin."

Charlie leaned against a tree in the middle of a dragon enclosure, a Welsh green asleep near him, thankfully his head was facing away from Charlie as his snore meant he puffed some smoke out of his nostrils.

Charlie was drawing on his notepad which leaned against the diary he bought to communicate with Hattie. He imagined her long curly locks and her bright grey eyes her bright smile everything about her as he drew Hattie.

He had found himself doing this a lot. Drawing Hattie and he stargazing, Hattie, when she is annoyed with her button nose, scrunched up and her eyebrows knitted together.

Maybe this was his way of calming himself having not heard from her.

"I need you just as you need me, Hattie," he said running his hand over his drawing. "More so than you will ever know."