47

* * *

* * *

"What are we doing today?" Hattie asked Charlie that morning as the man made some toast.

Charlie shrugged, "I have the day off, we can do what you want, baby girl." He spread some chocolate spread across two slices of toast before handing it to Hattie. He sat opposite her with his own toast and watched as she tentatively but into the toast.

"You're getting really good at eating, Hattie," Charlie smiled.

Hattie shrugged, "I suppose so. Can we go see Jojeen and Winnie?"

"If you want too, then what do you want to do?" Charlie replied.

Hattie thought for a moment, "can we go into the muggle city?"

"Sure."

After visiting Jojeen and Winnie for a couple of hours, Charlie took Hattie into the city. Muggles were everywhere and Hattie loved watching their everyday life as they ran around the market.

"This is so cool!" She exclaimed.

Charlie kept hold of Hattie's hand as he showed her around the market. Hattie let out a squeak when a small boy around the age of five or six bumped into her.

"Sorry," she apologised to the little boy whose mum was rushing over.

"No, no, it wasn't you fault, he wasn't looking where he was going. Sebastian what do you say?"

"Sorry, Miss." The little boy said.

Hattie smiled, "it's okay."

The mum took hold of her son's arm and as she was walking away Hattie heard her scold the boy. "Sebastian Stan! You need to watch where you are going! It is a very busy place!"

Hattie giggled to herself and leaned her head on Charlie's arm. "Are you okay?" Charlie asked her.

"I'm good. Do you think I'll be going back to school in September?"

"I'm not sure, Hat, why'd you ask?"

"Just wondering," Hattie shrugged as they toured further into the market. "Would I be in Ginny's year? Would I be held back like Flint was?"

"I don't know, baby girl, you might want to ask McGonagall, after all she's your head of house and godmother."

Hattie nodded, "okie dokie, ooh, can we go see Jojeen and Winnie after this?"

"We've just been? What's going on in your little head?"

Hattie laughed quietly, "I just really like Jojeen and Winnie and maybe Gilbert is there."

"What's with you and Gilbert? He came for dinner last night and you two were giggling and joking around" Charlie stopped and poked her nose.

"He's funny."