THREE

------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 3: The Math Class

------------------------------------------------

The sun shined bright and the golden rays that hit the window panes of the classroom made it shimmer. It felt great feeling the warmth of the sun after weeks of rainfall.

Already a year and a half, we had been living in Merrihollow and Kenaz wasn't seen the whole year.
Accustomed to the heavy rainfall and drizzles that Merrihollow received irrespective of the seasons and also to the bitter truth that he left Merrihollow eighteen months back my life was normal again.

The fact that I hated math was the only thing that didn't change. But I was trying hard to cope with it.

--------------

Busy in the math tuition class doing some homework I got lost in my math. Suddenly out of nowhere, a voice hit my head. A voice unknown to me.

"Hi! I am Kenaz."

If it wasn't for the name I would never have guessed who the person was.

I opened my mouth to articulate, frantically.

"Mariah, right?" He interrupted with a gulp followed by a nervous smile as he took my hand in a firm clasp.

His Adam's apple bobbed as he gulped. His even toned neck, as beautiful as his entire body. He hasn't changed a bit except for his voice. His husky modulated voice. His voice almost reminded me of the sea, the way it could be so soft and calming, yet rough and wild. But, always soothing.

I retracted my hand from his large warm one that sent small sparks of electricity shooting up my arm and I finally started speaking.

"Yeah...yes.." was my only reply in an uncertain tone.

Sounds stupid, Mariah.

He sat down beside me and asked some questions regarding the same problem that I was solving.

Seeing him there after a year or so since we last met, I was stunned. Martha told me he left Merrihollow for some reasons unknown to me.

Anyways, I was glad he's back.

--------------------------

We didn't talk about much, mostly just math. But when he did speak, he had me hanging off of every word.

I never even knew how good he was at math until today.

That was the first time we had ever spoken to each other, despite being classmates ever since kindergarten.

Like a crazy stalker, I looked at him with an elevated pleasure. My focus only centred on him. Little did he know, I wasn't even paying attention to my math!

The sun played its part too. It's rays descended upon his body, making his eyes gleam. It was getting harder for me not to stare. Both my eye lenses fully focused on him.

It's like my gaze will automatically seek him out, just like a moth drawn to a flame.

All my life I was brazen enough to hold my senses in control and walk away from people. I had almost gained speciality in that field.

But it was different when he was around.

I didn't know if he noticed me staring at him as if the seven wonders of universe gleamed in his eyes. And I didn't even care. 'Cause he clouded my mind to where I couldn't even think straight.

Of course, we've had known each other for a long time. By that, I meant, I only knew his name and he mine.

"Can I borrow your pencil?" He gave me a half-smile.

Just name it! I'll give you my whole set of geometry box.

I handed him my pencil, which he gave back after marking something in his book.

Forget the butterflies, elephants were thumping in my belly.
I was never so excited in my entire life. Not even when mom got me ten packets of Oreos for my eleventh birthday, not to mention, only because of my vehement pleads.

***********************************

A big thank u to my dear MermaidsAndStarfish for helping me out.
Love u lots💕

A/N- Thank you for coming this far! I hope we'll meet again in the next chapter😊

Press that ⭐ below if you liked what you read.

Leave a comment or two if you want☺

Just don't stop supporting Kenaz and Mariah. They need you!