TWENTY

Chapter 20: Sorry?

I constantly peeked out of the classroom window, trying to find something to distract me. I was feeling empty though my stomach had already been filled with chicken nuggets and soda. Why was I feeling empty? I couldn't tell. I had no answers.

There were lots of things going on in my mind except for what was being taught in the class. All the chattering voices of the classroom and the chit chats of Angie, Liu and Jordan couldn't help me out.

I had this strange imagination in my head to jump off the open window beside me and run for my life to see his face, to see Kenaz. And I had the urge to do so.

--------------------------------

I was tired and all my energy had been drained out by the books. The school was over but my tiredness wasn't.  I was too lazy to lift my feet up as I walked so, I kept going hardly lifting my feet a millimetre in the air.

"Hey, listen. I am really sorry. I—" someone sprung in front of me from off the wall.

I was startled byy the voice and who wouldn't be?

"I am sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I just...I wanted to say—"

I looked up at him. My eyes went wide and my body got numb.

A few minutes back I was daydreaming about him, urging to run to him. Now seeing him in flesh, I was cursing myself for those wild imaginations.

"Are you okay?" He placed his hands on my shoulders.

"I am fine." I kept my composure.

"I just came to say sorry. Tayla told me you were—"

"Nah. Don't be," I snapped before he could say anything further, "It's absolutely fine. I am glad you didn't hit me. You'd be in the hospital right now if you did. You know...I know some karate stuff."

I really do.

He pursed his lips, turned his head away from me, and had his fist pressed tightly onto his lips trying not to let the laugh escape.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing. It's just really amusing to imagine you kicking my ass."

We both burst out laughing. His voice crackled like the fireworks going off inside me. He looked more attractive with that smile on.

"Are you free tonight?" he asked.

"Yeah."

"It's my birthday today. Wanna come over? Martha's been home for a while so I thought...maybe you two could catch up."

The last time Martha and I met was the day I met her in the old elementary school, since then she had been living in Durling. It was a good idea and moreover it was Kenaz's birthday today, that I had no knowledge of so, I agreed.

Why wouldn't I?

"Okay then...see you tonight?" he questioned before walking away.

"Yup!" I smiled at him and we both parted ways.

-----------------------------------

Sorry for the late update. I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. And thank you for going through this story. The next chapter will be out soon(:

*PLEASE DO VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE*

Dedicated to sahurenuka for being such a supportive reader! You are the best.

Until next time, take care❤