Four

Chapter 4: The Math Class

I somehow instigated my focus back to him.

He was listening to my voice like a child lost in the fairy tales. His eyes laid only on my face. He seemed trying to capture every single movement of my face.

He looks damn serious.

It wasn't the school where I was having the Math class. It was the after-school learning session that I joined in an institution because I was amazingly poor in math.

Never in my wildest dreams I thought Kenaz would join the same institute. I didn't even know he was even back to the town. I wanted to know where he had been but we got so busy with the math that, that very question slipped out of my clumsy mind!

The teacher was teaching something about arithmetic progressions. Something that I had never seen being used in my daily life! I mean, who does that? The teacher was quite good at explaining though. He must have had a truckload of patience to be able to teach a bunch of students who sarcastically loved math just like me. Except for Kenaz. He was very good at it!

The best part of the math class was Kenaz helping me out whenever I struggled.  He made everything seem so easy that a whole hour with math ended without much damage to my brain. All credits to my teacher and Kenaz.

Kenaz had to spend an hour more for the physics class. Because I applied only for the math class I had to leave. Before he could've said anything to me I left in a hurry. Not because I didn't want to talk to him but because whenever he's focused on me, my hands become sweaty, blood rushes to my face abnormally and turns me into a living tomato.

"Hey!" someone shouted.

Is that him? Is it?

I looked around and saw Kenaz making his way out of the crowd panting heavily.
He was just 5 yards away from me, standing with his hands on his knees and slightly bending down trying to catch his breath, glancing at me with a soft look in his eyes.

"It was nice seeing you again, Miss!" he exulted with a sweet low voice.

For some unknown reason again, I felt good hearing that from him.

I didn't utter a word. I just smiled at him and hurried home.

-----------------------------

"Mariah, Noah's not playing with me!" my eight-year-old sister whined.

I went to their room to check on them.

Noah squatted on the floor trying to hide his face with his small palm while Luce stood in front of him, narrowing her eyes on Noah.

Luce's face was covered with — God knows what — different kinds of colours and stuff. Seemed like she was trying to put on makeup. She might have forced Noah to put some maybe that's why he was hiding his face.

"Trying to look pretty, Luce?" I gently remarked noticing all the effort she put on.

She nodded with a smile while Noah stood beside me grabbing my shirt.

"You are pretty Luce. You are the prettiest of all! You don't need any makeup, pretty lady!" I exulted ruffling her hair.

"That's what I told her! She wouldn't even listen," my baby brother was being a gentleman even with colours all over his face.

Mom was out doing grocery shopping and my sisters moved out a few days back to an apartment nearby their college so, it was just me, Luce and Noah.

Seeing their messed up face I muttered,"Come on, let's get you both clean up before mom gets back," and led them to the bathroom, both gripped onto my fingers from each side jumping and singing beside me.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

A/N- Thank you for coming this far! I hope we'll meet again in the next chapter😊

Press that ⭐ below if you liked what you read.

Leave a comment or two if you want☺

Just don't stop supporting Kenaz and Mariah They need you!

Typographical emphasis-
*Italics 👉 thoughts
*Normal👉 POV

Characters-

* Mariah (main)
* Kenaz. (main)