SIXTEEN

Chapter 16: THE BITTER TRUTH

The next second we were seeing eye to eye, my hands slowly started sweating. I almost choked on my spit as I gulped. Though he was at a distance across the street I could make out it was indeed him. The Arthur I knew.

But how could he?

Angie's words were still circling around my head. Something that I didn't want to believe in. The Arthur I knew was now a devil in disguise.

My heart started to sink deep into my thoracic cavity like it was crumbling inside. If it wasn't for Angie's information about him I would have never thought Arthur had changed, inside out.

I snapped out of my confused mind.

He smiled at me, acknowledging that he recognised me. I was so much concentrated in pacing my heartbeat back to normal that all I could respond back with was a slight glitch on my right lips.

No, the smile didn't brighten up my soul but made me nervous more than ever, and who won't be when a rumoured drug peddler smiles at you.

He took a step forward; his eyes still at me. To my surprise, he didn't take any more steps toward me but turned around instead. His feet slapped the grassy floor sending him jetting as he darted past people, building and tress. Running so fast that I feared his muscles might explode.

Confused, I turned to Angie, who seemed as confused as me. Then we both turned to Liu who stood with her arms around Jordan, calmly. Jordan had no clue what just happened.

"Come on! The movie's about to start." Jordan quipped, handing us our respective tickets.

********************

"That was a good mo-o-vie." Jordan stretched his arms above his head as we got out of the theatre.

"I am gonna go get something to drink for us," Jordan went ahead to the store leaving just the three of us.

"So, how do you know him?" Liu didn't take long to get back to me.

"Arthur?" I acted confused.

"Yeah. Who else?" Angie smirked. That was her evil smirk.

"We were classmates in elementary," I mumbled, pressing down my hands on my jeans.

"But trust me he wasn't a troubled kid back then," my words came out in the voice of disappointment.

"At first I thought those rumours were true. But I was so wrong to have believed in it." Angie blurted and Liu nodded in response.

"Those rumours aren't true?" I sputtered wide-eyed. To which they nodded.

Thank God!

As if a heavy rock was lifted off from my chest my mind and body were so relieved.

"Turn around. He is back," Angie whispered to me.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

So, that was it! I know it's short but the next chapter will be out in an hour.

Who else was surprised seeing the other side of Arthur?

Let me know your thoughts on this chapter.

Please do vote and comment!!

Until next time take care. ❤