THIRTEEN

It's the continuing part of that night when Kenaz walked Mariah to her home and was returning to his house, all alone.

This chapter includes some fight scenes and cussing, and if you don't like violence I advise you not to go through this chapter.

But if you want to take a peek no one's stopping you. Enjoy:)

------------------------

Chapter 13: But still the best night

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

It was just me, and the sound of my footsteps was all that I heard. I noticed the melodious voice of the cuckoo bird that was all around the town wasn't heard. But, needless to say, even the arrival and the departure of the cuckoo bird didn't signify the end of the rainy days in Merrihollow. It was the same old weather we experienced the whole year.

Thinking about the cuckoo a question popped up on my mind.

"Can Miss Landler sing?"

It was pretty random but I was curious about it. I never heard her sing, not even humming a song. Her voice was naturally sweet so, I guessed she would sound pretty good.

I walked a little while longer and was a few yards away from the bus stand. Some four or five dudes with huge body stood there. Not the good ones but the bad news of my life. They were probably waiting for me. I figured.

"Looks like someone's being a lover boy lately." The tallest of them all, Arthur, walked toward me. The others followed behind him.

I ignored and was about to pass by them when one of his gang members blocked my way. Honestly, my body was pumped up with adrenaline to land a powerful punch on him. But I didn't.

My jaw clenched and my fist tightened. Anger that filled the void in my whole body was furious to be out.

"Back off, Marcus!" Arthur yelled, making his way out of his men to stand next to me.

He better be backing off before I knock the hell out of his pale body.

Marcus grimaced and backed off.

"What is this Arthur? Let's not make a scene out here," I retorted looking directly into his eyes.

He threw his head backwards and started to laugh in the evilest way. While his clowns stood straight eyeing on me. That triggered my anger even more.

He moved closer. Only an inch of the gap was left between us. He looked at me with his eyes filled with anger and vengeance. His face was all red as he gritted his teeth. I was familiar with that look but I hadn't seen that look for the last two years. I had no idea how he managed to get back here. It had been only two months since he'd settled back to Merrihollow but didn't take him long enough to put up a fight with me again.

"You've got some guts to say that! You little piece of shit!" His voice filled with anger roared, taking a few steps behind.
"You made a scene out of my life! You ruined everything. Took away my everything! You fucking piece of shit!" He wasn't calming down.

It wasn't the first time. We had been through this several times. But with every single encounter the anger, the guilt and the agony grew even more inside me and was never forgotten.

"Enough of this shit! I am fed up. I've been suffering every day, everynight thinking about her. Just kill me and get me and yourself over with it!" I yelled in anger and frustration.

And before I knew I felt a powerful blow on the right side of my face. My head moved to my left side. I didn't know what damage was done. But it was painful.

"Come on! Come on!" He landed two more punches on me from either side and one under my belly. The last one landed me on the ground holding onto my abdomen.

I didn't fight back. Or should I put it up this way, I was punishing myself. I had my reasons to not fight him back. I had my reasons to absorb those punches with delight. The pain that he put me through was like an elixir to my guilty soul. I felt some peace come to me with each punch.

"You aren't going to fight back as always, aren't you?" He breathed heavily.

"You know, I loved her as much as you did. I still do. I would've never hurt her." I managed to speak out keeping aside my anger and pain for a while.

"Don't you dare talk about loving her!" He pointed at me and looked down at me with the anger still in his eyes.

I was getting ready for more punches to be absorbed when his phone buzzed.

"That's enough for today," he voiced looking down at his phone. Something important came up, I guess.

They disappeared into the silence of the dark. There was no trace of them as they hit the dark alley.

I helped myself to stand up and managed to get to the bench at the bus stop. I took out my phone and dialled my butler, Damien.

"But still it was the best night of my life," I cried in pain thinking about her.

Mariah.

-----------------------------

How was it?
What is your first impression on Arthur? Who do you think 'her' is referred to here?Do let me know:)

And don't forget to vote and comment.

See you soon in the next chapter ❤