Chapter Four : Hide N Seek

“Cabir, kaha hai tu?” yelled Cabir’s mom again.

Nandini was tensed “Manik, do something!” she said.

Manik who was lost in a trance came back to reality. He rolled her to the side and putted the blanket over them. Now, both were covered with the blanket. Chachi opened the door and assumed that it was Cabir under the blanket, so she went out. Manik’s arm was around Nandini’s waist, her closeness was affecting him. Nandini was feeling uncomfortable with his intense looks and heavy breaths “Leave me, she is gone now” said Nandini. Manik left her and she removed the blanket. Both looked here and there to avoid eye connection. “Uff thank God! One minute more and I could have died” he uttered. “Don’t overdo it” she uttered.

He laughed by seeing her annoyed expression. “So Miss Nandini, I have saved you today, don’t you think you should be thanking me?” he said by raising his eyebrow.

“Why should I thank you ? And what are you doing here at my house?” she asked.

Manik became nervous for a moment “I had came to meet Cabir” he said by looking away.

“What a liar, he was with you in the practice I know that” said Nandini.

Manik was rubbing his hand in nervousness. “I know why you have come here” said Nandini.

Manik looked at her and took a deep breath “really? You know it?” he asked.

“Yes, because you want to take revenge from me, what else can you do rather than hurting people and embarrassing them, you are worse than a monster. Now just leave this place, I am already having headache by seeing this disgusting face of yours, bloody monster!” said Nandini in her rage of anger.

Manik was silent, her words were actually giving him a pinching feeling about himself, he felt like shouting back to her but he could not do that. He just went out of the window without saying anything.

Nandini was shocked because she had expected an explosion from his side.

 After going down Manik met Cabir “hey what are you doing here? Don’t tell me again you did something to Nandini, did you made her cry again?” asked Cabir in tension.

“I am an expert in making people cry, right Cabir?” said Manik , the pain could be read from his eyes and his voice was sounding different too.

Cabir looked at him “Manik, are you okay buddy? Why are you saying like this? “ asked Cabir.

“Nothing, see you tomorrow” said Manik and left.

Cabir was confused “these two just keep hurting each other, from now I am going to make sure that they apart from each other. Because both are precious to me and I can’t see them sad” thought Cabir as he called Nandini to let down the rope.

Some days passed,  and Cabir was successful in keeping those vigorous reactants (Manik and Nandini) away from each other. He made sure that they did n’t pass each other’s way even by mistake. It was not a difficult task because the science and Music buildings were much far from each other.

There was an Annual Cultural function going to take place in the college. Where there will be band performances and solo performances as well. Winners will be chosen from both the categories. Navya was reading the notice board with excitement “Iss bar hum participate karenge and sab ki chutti kar denge” she said.