Chapter Seventeen: Intoxicated

Garden, poolside,
“Manik! Kya kar rahe ho? Baat karo na mujhse” said Nandini as she looked up at Manik with her cute face, Manik was sitting by the pool and was staring the moon.

He looked up to her “Nandini, why do you do this to me? You know iss world mei u r the one jo mujhe sabse zyada special feel karvati hai, when I hug you I forget the rest of the world” said Manik in a childlike voice.

Nandini was touched by his words “mujhe darr lagta hai” she said.
“Aise kyo dekh rahe ho?” said Nandini in a cute voice.

He leaned closer and said “I will eat you up, moster hu na, isliye u r scared” he said and laughed.

Nandini made a face at him “tum aise hi ho, sabke saath bura behave karte ho!” said Nandini.

“Tumhare saath toh nahi karta na” said Manik and both looked at each other with intensity.

The reflection of moonlight on the pool water was making the ambience even more romantic.

All of a sudden Manik hugged her, Nandini was stunned but she hugged him back “Nandini, tum mujhe chor ke bhag toh nahi jaogi na?” he asked.

“Nahi jaungi Manik” she replied cutely. He smiled and broke off the hug then he pouted his lips “okay then kiss me” he demanded.

Nandini felt shy and got up from her sitting position. He too stood up and pulled her by the waist, now her back was attached to his chest. His warm breath fell on her shoulder as he kissed it softly, she turned back and held his collars “fir se shuru ho gaye, tum dur nahi rah sakte mujse” said Nandini in a complaining voice.

Manik just nodded his head in no. She sighed and rested her face on his chest “mai vi nahi” she said as she kissed him on his chest.

Manik cupped her face and leaned in to kiss her lips but she pushed him and he ended up in falling in the pool “Nandini!” he yelled.

She laughed and ran away.Nandini collided with Cabir “Nandu, thank God! Tu mil gayi, abb Manik mil jaye bas” uttered Cabir .

Nandini giggled “Manik toh pool mei hai, I pushed him” she said still giggling.

“Oh no! Nandu, r u drunk? No u don’t drink, toh u had that spiked drink?” asked Cabir.

Nandini was clueless and she just kept giggling and murmuring something. Navya came there, Cabir asked her to take care of Nandini and he went to the poolside.

At poolside,
Manik was still in the pool, Cabir helped him get out “Manik, tune kuch piya toh nahi?” asked Cabir.

“Saale, teri bahen jo karti hai mere saath uske baad kuch pine aur pilane ki halat mei nahi hu” said Manik in a drunk voice.

Cabir hit his own head “chalo ho gaya kaam, dono nei kaise peeli spiked drink” he thought.

“Riya ne pilaya drink?” asked Cabir.

“Nahi! Maine toh issliye piya coz Nandini drank it…… uske lips are so soft, I can kiss her all day”said Manik dreamily .

Cabir looked at him as if his eyes will pop out “What? oye sach sach bol, Nandini ke liye tere man mei kaise khayal hai?” asked Cabir curiously.

“I love her soo much but she always runs away from mei, apne cuteness ka faida uthati hai” said Manik .

Cabir was feeling shaky when Navya yelled “Cabir, yaha aao, yeh Riya bar bar call kar rahi hai, she is asking for Manik”.

“Heh Bhagwan, yeh kaisi musibat hai” said Cabir as he held Manik’s hand and asked him to go with him.

“Nahi, mujhe Nandini ke paas jana hai” said Manik.

“Usi ke paas ja rahe hai hum” said Cabir in an irritated voice.

At the party,
“Harshad, I lost him. I think he left the party with that Nandini” complained Riya.

“Don’t be sad, our plan is dhasu we will make it happen some other day. Aj nahi toh kal Manik tumhara ho hi jayega” assured Harshad.

Riya smiled in relief “you are really nice Harshad and I trust you” said Riya as she kissed him on the cheeks.

“And you are smoking hot, my luck is so bad that I am stuck with that ugly and stupid Mukti" said Harshad as they both smiled.

This scene was witnessed by Mukti, who felt a sharp pain in her heart “Manik nei mujhe kaha tha that he has doubt on you but maine uski baat nahi mani. U r such a cheater, Harshad! Mai tum dono ke plan ko kabhi successful nahi hone dungi.” Said Mukti as a tear welled up in her eyes.

Inside the car,
Navya made Nandini sit at the backside and Cabir took Manik with him “kaha hai Nandini?” asked Manik.

“Hai, hai, yeh vi talli? Inn dono ko hosh mei nahi sambhala jata, abb pata nahi kya karenge” said Navya.

“Madhubala, aur tension mat barha, hat ja yaha sei” said Cabir as he made Manik sit beside Nandini.

Manik became happy and reached up to kiss her cheek. Navya’s eyes widened and lips formed an “O” shape.

“Kuch mat poochna, just sit beside me” said Cabir.

Cabir drove the car, in the backseat, Manik was continuously trying to touch and hug Nandini, but she was little reluctant and moving away but sometimes she was allowing him.

“oye Madhubala, aise backseat ki taraf kyo dekh rahi hai? Koi film chal rahi hai kya?” asked Cabir.

“Pata nahi yeh sach hai ya sapna, Manik aur Nandini jo ek dusre ke paas sei vi nahi guzarte thei abb aise romance kar rahe hai?” said Navya, who was still in shock.

“Pata nahi kya sab ajeeb chezein ho rahi hai? Ab kab subah hi sab kuch clear hoga” said Cabir.

At Malhotra Mansion,
Cabir putted Manik and Nandini into their respective rooms. Nandini had fallen asleep in the car but Manik was wincing and taking Nandini’s name repeatedly.

On the fear of crossing his deadline at the house, Cabir ran to his house.Manik was feeling restless, he wanted to see his Nandini. He got rid of his wet clothes, now he was wearing only his track pants. He sneakily went to Nandini’s room and locked the door. A smile appeared on his face as he saw her sleeping peacefully; he went to her bed and caressed her face putting sweet kisses all over her face. Nandini opened her eyes in a jolt, he became conscious and turned back to leave but she held his hand “Manik, don’t go” she said softly. He smiled and lied beside her on the bed. She hugged him tightly and he did the same. Both were lost into the ecstasy of each other’s warm touch until they felt asleep.

At Cabir’s room,
He was lying on the bed “How could I not notice the love in the eyes of my friend? He loves Nandu and they are perfect together. Mai inn dono ko alag karnei ka plan bana raha tha? Chii! How can I be so stupid. Nandini is best for Manik and I will do everything to keep them closer. Maza ayega, Manik baba ko satenei mei” thought Cabir as he smiled and felt asleep.

To be continued...